• SV is for racing only

• OP is dumb

• My custom welded / painted SV is too cool to show photos of

• Hi

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
I bought a brand new gen 3 in 2020 for a race build. I wanted a bike with a fresh engine and no previous molesterings. Plus Suzuki had a $2000 promo running which sealed it for me.
I did 1500km on the road while I was striping it down and accumulating parts. There was a period when I was still running it on the road but with clip ons and up graded suspension and the M4 full system where it was an awesome road bike. Some pics:

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

As bought fresh from the shop.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

Semi striped but still on the road.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

Fitting fairings

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Fresh from the painters

Tire Wheel Vehicle Fuel tank Automotive tire

Ready to race.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Looking nice. Any more info on the suspension upgrade?
Front:
Pre load adjusters installed, Race Tech springs of rate .90kg/mm, Traxxion Dynamic AR-25 Damper rods with emulators, SKF low friction fork seals with Ohlins #10 fork oil.

Rear:
Nitron NTR3 shock with spring of rate 525 lb/in (9.4kg/mm)

·
Registered
445 Posts
@Kiwi Rider : is it only me noticing your resemblance with Space 1999 character Alan Carter (played by aussie actor Nick Tate)? 😄
We're probably related, it's an antipodean thing. ;)

I couldn't find a presentation thread for your bike here. Maybe I missed it, but looks really clean. Nice upgrades. Considering the work done, any specific reason you didn't went with cartridges? So you race just for fun on trackdays or in some sort of cup? Done any work to the engine?
In the German forum there is talk that the 645 V2 is quite is easy tunable and can make up around 95/100 hp quite stable.
I didn't do a presentation cos I couldn't be bothered, I was just busy enough in the garage doing the actual work before the season started. I didn't go with cartridges because they are not allowed in Pro Twins (my racing class). This is to keep expenses down for wannabe racers. Likewise engine mods are limited to adding a full exhaust system and flashing your ECU. It's 71.5 hp at the rear wheel. This is good for reliability :)
I have a long running thread in the racing section if interested: Kiwi's race reports

That's nice, well done!
Thanks mate, I put a lot of hours into it but mostly it was an enjoyable exercise and I learnt a good amount.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts