Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
I was after this info too about a year ago for my 2020 in the same colour. I rang Suzuki New Zealand and they told me there is no colour codes for Suzuki motorcycles only Suzuki cars. True or not, I dunno.
In the end my painter guy took a scan of the tank colour and used that info to paint the race fairing and tail piece but it wasn't a 100% match. Close enough to live with though.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was after this info too about a year ago for my 2020 in the same colour. I rang Suzuki New Zealand and they told me there is no colour codes for Suzuki motorcycles only Suzuki cars. True or not, I dunno.
In the end my painter guy took a scan of the tank colour and used that info to paint the race fairing and tail piece but it wasn't a 100% match. Close enough to live with though.
According to my research: YKV.
Tomorrow going to stealership to figure our.

·
Registered
162 Posts
the site is garbage. it does not reflect reality.

I have used their products on several different motorcycles and the color matches and holds up well. Gloss black is the base and then matte clear.

Color Rite for color and Spray Max 2 part urethane matte for the top coats.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have used their products on several different motorcycles and the color matches and holds up well. Gloss black is the base and then matte clear.

Color Rite for color and Spray Max 2 part urethane matte for the top coats.
I have found this one paint , but still does not match.

·
Registered
162 Posts
The base is gloss black and the matte finish is from the matte clear you apply after color. Need color applied then matte clear. Lowes or Wal-Mart have flat black paint for less than $2 a can.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The base is gloss black and the matte finish is from the matte clear you apply after color. Need color applied then matte clear. Lowes or Wal-Mart have flat black paint for less than $2 a can.
plastic as well? (fairing)

·
Registered
162 Posts
There wasn't a fairing on the wrecked bike. Some plastic can be painted with long-term success other plastics can't. A factory plastic fairing can be painted with the same paint, an aftermarket fairing, maybe depends on what type of plastic. ABS plastic can be painted but softer like dirtbike plastics are not as suitable. The black plastic pieces that are below the fuel tank are probably not good candidates for paint unless you mix a flex agent in the paint and use an adhesive promoter.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
There wasn't a fairing on the wrecked bike. Some plastic can be painted with long-term success other plastics can't. A factory plastic fairing can be painted with the same paint, an aftermarket fairing, maybe depends on what type of plastic. ABS plastic can be painted but softer like dirtbike plastics are not as suitable. The black plastic pieces that are below the fuel tank are probably not good candidates for paint unless you mix a flex agent in the paint and use an adhesive promoter.
How do you call the plastic part right under the seat?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Front of the seat or rear, they are different, for the front it's been answered for the rear paint is fine.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts