Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does that sound like to much. My friend bought an 06 EX-500 for that, its got close to 4k miles on it and has been dropped and the belly pan and tail section are cracked. I thought he paid way to much but he thinks he got an awesome deal. What do you think.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
and why would you buy that when you could easily buy a nice sv650 for 3600.....

·
Registered
212 Posts
If it was in pristine condition, then I would say $3,600 maybe.

Make sure your friend isn't close to any sharp objects if you decide to show him this thread.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
in all honesty, he should have paid like $3k for the bike.

It's a three year old bike that originally came out 22 years go.... and they haven't changed that much.

·
Registered
17,602 Posts
thats a bad reason

I bought a 35 year old motorcycle and have dumped hundreds into it. Why? Because I wanted to. Is that a bad reason?

You lowered the performance of your SV by putting a chopped can on it. Why? Because you wanted to.

You built what others call an ugly motorycle. Why? Because you wanted to.

See a pattern here? It's up to the owner, not the public.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
lhahahahahha.

jesus christ. take some of the sand out then post.

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
thats a bad reason
Why did you spend as much in mods and time as you did on an SV rather than buy a bike that more closely matched what you wanted out of the box?

Basically no two people want the same thing, sounds like the guy with 500 got what HE wanted.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
this is gonna keep getting better and better. I cant wait.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
and i was messing around with my first two posts. Third post was a serious answer. and I personally think he paid to much.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
My local shop has a similar bike for a similar price, It is in good shape,m but they are having trouble selling it, kind of an orphan size.
Barry

·
Registered
93 Posts
I just picked one up too for my wife. Paid just a little less for an 07 but it has more miles. Tried to talk her into a SV but she wanted something a little smaller. I think she was right.

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
I bought a 35 year old motorcycle and have dumped hundreds into it. Why? Because I wanted to. Is that a bad reason?

You lowered the performance of your SV by putting a chopped can on it. Why? Because you wanted to.

You built what others call an ugly motorycle. Why? Because you wanted to.

See a pattern here? It's up to the owner, not the public.
You left your keys up on the table. You wanted to :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
I dont know about prices where you live, but here in SD I have seen clean 500's run from 2700 to 3200. I do think he paid too much, the demand for the 500's are not too high so the price for a used is kept fairly low from what you would expect.

I have never been too big a fan of the 500s due to the resale values and lack of demand compared to the sv650 and the ninja 250. But kawi does make the bike for a reason. eh, just my 2 cents.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts