Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dad and i finally got a chance in our busy lives to make our deals gap trip!!! We woke up at 6:45 and got ready to leave and meet 2 others for breakfast then the ride (they would not be going all the way). Well we start going north on 575 (if you go south you go straight to atlanta) and about half way there my dad starts to hear something really bad. He rides a 2003 Special Edition HD Road Glide with custom paint and all the bling. When we get to Cracker Barrel (gross but not my choice) he decides with the help of his friend that it is either: A) Foul Plug or B) Thrown Rod. Either way its not good.

We eat then stop by a local custom bike shop to see if they can help. The bastards werent open so my dad says screw this im taking the bike to Earl Smalls HD dealer for them to fix it cause then ill just pick up my Road King to ride (yes he has 3 harleys..bit overboard). (Later i found out that his exhaust worked itself extremely loose to the point of making the front cylinder sound so funny (like it wasnt firing). All is fine they just have to order new bolts for his custom exhaust) So I go home to wait for a phone call while he and his 2 friends go to the shop which is south on 75 (20 min away from where we are).

I get a phone call at 10 saying that he is at his office trying to help his employees figure out a problem. I ride to the shop and after who knows how long we leave for lunch!! Damn i wanted to be in the mountains by now.

We dont finish eating till almost 2!!! My dads 2 friends break away and we head to the GAP...finally. Getting their was relaxing and enjoyable. We fill up in town and i find out i got 51 mpg (miles per gallon for people who dont get it)!!! woohoo! We go up to the dragon and decide to just ride through and not stop till the return trip. Well i go ahead of my dad who is on his Road King and sure enough i get slowed down half way through by a slpw harley group that wont slow down and pull to the right so i can pass so i spend 5 miles just practicing little things like head position and things like that! I stop at the very end and my dad who was able to catch up stops with me. We talk a little and then go back.

NO TRAFFIC!!! YAY....its my playground....This was the coolest thing. I only slowed down for one thing which was a car and they pulled over 10 feet later (going very very slow). I get to the end and park next to some guys talking bout a beamer and one guy starts talking to me about his 05 sv. Didnt get a name and dont know if he is a member here!! My dad finally gets back and i get a new shirt beause mine got a hole in it so i needed a new one. We head back and get some dinner and now i wait to see if im on KILLBOY's main page.... I love the SV more than anything right now. That bike continues to amaze me!!

Sorry bout length :p :p

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ya its cool having my dad ride especially since im so young and that he approves for his son to ride a motorcycle. A lot of my freinds want bikes and are starting to look now that they are turning 18

1 - 4 of 4 Posts