Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a set of these for my SV. They took 9 days to arrive. The fitment is perfect with less play than the stockers. The coating looks perfect as does the machining. These are the first set of non-stock levers I have ever used on any of my bikes. I really like the way they feel and the adjustability is nice. I picked up the shorties in black with blue adjusters. The set I received did not have the numbers engraved on the top of the brake lever. I let the seller know and they promptly sent a replacement which arrived today. The numbers are engraved on both sides so at worst I would just have to swap the clutch and brake handle (the handle appears universal and the pivot is bike and side specific). I would buy these again in a heartbeat.

This seller allows you to pick handle and lever color.
Can't beat $33.95 shipped to your door.
Link
seller: kaokangtang

·
Registered
425 Posts
Ditto I love mine as well I got the shorty silver and black adjuster. Warning though if you get the black and your bike is exposed to the sun it will turn into a brownish color. Other than that they serve their purpose and fit perfect!

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Nice for the money......but yea my gold levers have faded quite a bit.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I've had mine for two years now, the black color has faded to like a dirty silver purple brown. I've had them through a crash, they still work just fine.

·
BannedCampCounselor
9,911 Posts
I'd say they work just as good as the CRG's I used to have.
No bearing for the pivot or the adjuster, but I couldn't notice a difference between the 2 during use.

·
Registered
27 Posts
had mine this summer gold/yellow is very faded. theres a tan line under the adjuster where it has a rich color where the rest of the lever is losing color...33 dollars whaddya say

·
Registered
152 Posts
I bought from the same seller. Fit and action is excellent. Could not be happier.

OT a bit, but are you guys greasing the pivot points? And if so, with what grease?

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Cool. Does this after market lever actually feel/work better, or is it just a cosmetic upgrade?
I like they way they feel much more than stock. More of a flat face on the lever seems to give me a more positive feel. Also allows the clutch lever to be adjusted closer to the bar to match the brake.

OT a bit, but are you guys greasing the pivot points? And if so, with what grease?
Yes, you should grease the pivots. I used waterproof bearing grease from the auto parts store. Comes in a small tube like peanuts come in.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I would imagine most people use 2 fingers on shorties (2.5-3 if they have skinny dog fingers). It's definitely not as comfortable as the long/standard levers. Many people actually get long clutch and shorty brakes.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts