Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He said they only use steel chains and never cheap sprokets. Does this sound OK. I trust the shop nutmegchoi says they are a good shop?

·
Registered
799 Posts
OEM steel sprockets? Aftermarket steel? Even the best "race spec" chains and a good set of aluminum sprockets online shouldn't run you that much. I always thought steel sprockets were cheaper as well. Is this a installed price?

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
Manuelcasi said:
He said they only use steel chains and never cheap sprokets. Does this sound OK. I trust the shop nutmegchoi says they are a good shop?
all chains are steel, the price sounds a bit high but not out of reason as an installed price, what are the labor rates in your area?

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
installed...they're basically charging you 100 bucks to install it if it's race spec stuff, I picked up AFAM sprockets and a DID xring 520 chain for almost 200, installed it with a friend in 20 minutes...honestly the hardest part was figuring out how the master link worked...but after a quick internet visit, it was all pie :)

everyone here said to do it ourselves and they were totally right, very simple job. :) But I reckon it'd be a little tough without some help...

·
Registered
238 Posts
If you need some help with this manuel, once again.....let me know. I'm sure I'll have to do this to my bike at some point. I'll learn with you. Find out how much it will cost for just the chain and sprocket.

What other specialty tools/price is involved with this repair?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts