Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I purchased this bike somewhere in between May 14-16 2012.

In May I did:

- Techlusion Fuel Injection
- K&N Air Filter
- 8281.8 Oil and Filter Change K&N 10w-40 Full Synthetic
- 8450 miles Pirelli Angel ST Front and Rear
- HVMP Bar Ends(5-24-2012)
- Spark Plugs (5-24-2012)
- RK 520 Conversion GOLD Chain and Sprocket Change (5-26-12)

What it looked like:

This is not me lol this was the seller showing me the miles.

After I replaced fender same day:

At the crib:

GETTING WRENCHED ON:

Changing tires to Pirelli Angel ST's (8450 Miles) The stock front was still on and the rear was a Pirelli Corsa with a nail repair in it.

Bulb swap from Stock to OSRAM NIGHTBREAKERS FROM Powerbulbs.com on June 8, 2012

Before

After

June 16, 2012 Blocked Pair Valve (Cuts popping out of deceleration, but harms the environment more)

Also clean and lubed chain / adjusted suspension to 1 on front springs and setting 4 for rear shock I am skinny I know lol

Registered Motorcycle and had to get plates myself because the dealer lost them in the mail... :/ wtf $6.00

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Today I did the Throttle Position Sensor Mod. I think I feel the change and feel more confident cruising in lower rpms than before. Just going to calculate gas mpg now and possibly retune the Tfi.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rained last Weds. I got the common water log in the front leaking into the boot. The day after I cleaned all the junk out and dielectric greased the plug and everything is A okay :D

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ordered Steve's ATRE, HAMMER GRIPS, and A blank key (Ebay-HongKong) since when I purchased my bike I was only given one. Plan to put all three to use when I have spare time this saturday!

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yesterday 8-25-12 I installed Steve's aTRE and Hammer Grips! Also took the key to a local shop and got it cut and it works flawlessly.

I dunno how to describe it but the aTre definitely seemed to smooth things. The Hammer Grips are awesome, but i probably put them on crooked lol. All in all they are awesome and I would highly recommend them along with the TPS adjustment. The grips definitely work better with non baggy pants.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cleaned chain yesterday and lubed. Today I turned off the Techlusion TFI and got a full tank of gas (checking to see if there is a difference in mpg). If so, I will have to tinker with the settings a bit.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have been steadily acquiring parts for my SV lately. Busy semester so I haven't got the time to install them. Today I put my Puig Light Smoke Race (double bubble) Screen on that I ordered last Friday. I also got the GOPRO2 HD Hero motorsports edition on sale and its pretty sweet. I also acquired a 06-07 ZX10R SE Shock which I plan to put on this weekend.

To sum it up here are some pics of parts I acquired and are just waiting to be installed:

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Pictures whenever I have time, but on Saturday October 27th, 2012. I put Sonic Springs .85 w/ 15 wt fork oil as well as did stainless brake lines front and rear. Of course I also well swapped brake pads ebc hh all around. Valvoline Brake Fluid The Forks are AMAZING now. The brakes are still in the process of bedding.

Installation @ 10,503 Miles

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Installed 06-07 ZX-10R SE Shock @ approx. 10,603 miles

Impressions: Taller rear end and smoother ride over bumps. I personally like it eventhough I cannot flatfoot it. (Learn to use the one foot at stops :) don't lower your bike!!!) Settings are stock for the zx10r. I weigh approx 160 with gear and it is still sprung too heavy. Seeing that the stock shock broke in after a couple two up rides I expect this shock to soften up a little as well.

Next mod: Rearsets from Danmoto (In process)

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Installed Speed Bleedres :D It is so convenient. I should also mention I got a new battery November 21, 2012 w/ two year warranty. Safety precaution since the old battery's dob is not available (peace of mind ordeal).

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Threw on some Vortex Rearsets from a GSXR 600, 750, 1000 (01-04). Issue with master cylinder touching frame so I will fabricate an extension. Thanks to a fellow svrider Yauhen I got an idea how to do it.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Fabrication of the plate has been done although it is a rough draft. Got it done with help from my friend's personal workshop in his house. Lol I just realized I was so excited I didn't adjust the plunger. As it sits now it does not look like that xD

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Rear Reservoir Delete - 5/16 TYGON Tube from KurveyGirl.com

I did this mod about end of December or Beginning of January. This was before the bracket I made from above was installed. That is why you don't see the cleaner ZipTie setup. I will take a picture of the tube cleaned up later.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Today my SV Racing Rear Sets Arrived. Blair has shown me consistency in shipping and customer service and has earned my support. Two days from Washington to Texas. I chose these rear sets after fumbling through Dan Motos and Vortex (Not made for SV but GSXR look above). I must say that the Dan Motos were good, but problematic and the Vortex are good, but really expensive.

The SV Racing Rear Sets feel like quality so far and the replacement parts are cheap to boot! I'll likely pick up spares before heading to a track day since they are not going to be sv racing part vendors (maybe one day Blair). I am 5'7" so I have a hard time gripping the tank. I love how the ZX6R felt, but to imitate that feeling you basically gotta get a zx6r. The SVR Rear Sets allow the user to move the peg in four places and easily allows the user to adjust the levers as well. I personally found the position closest to the bolts connected to the frame and up one to be the best position. The pegs have this "I WANT TO RIP YOUR SHOES APART FEELING" which I like.

Anyhow here are some pictures cause that is what you really wanted to see anyways.

Fresh out the Box:

Shift Side:

Brake Side:

I already purchased the OEM Yoke which connects the lever to the master cylinder. I am currently using the Dan Moto one from previous rear set as I sold the Yoke with my original Rearsets (Doh!)

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Today's Mods:

Removal of Vortex Frame Sliders (RIP Right side)
Installation of T-Rex Racing frame sliders and rear spool sliders.
Replace Yoke with OEM Yoke.

So uh yeah. P.O. stripped the hell out of the right vortex slider engine bolt. Broken screw extractor stuck in there. WHAT TO DO?! Well I tell you what drill that sucker until its diameter expands and pipe wrench that sucker off. Also if you did not know, you must replace the bolts with OEM or what you fancy will fit to replace the vortex bolts.

These should be the bolts needed to replace (see below)

Yeah. Thanks P.O. (Combo of p.o breaking a extractor inside and then me drilling the crap out of it to expand enough for me to just use a pipe clamp and twist off. PIA)

T-Rex motorcycle is a local shop so I show them support. A previous forum member bought and test crashed their Version 1 frame sliders (See Link) Below.

http://www.svrider.com/forum/showthread.php?t=171090&highlight=slider

I have the Version 2. I closely worked with them in order to get the best fit for a SV (lots of trips back and forth). Also got rear spool sliders I think they were like $12-15 bucks forgot.

Frame Sliders:

Comparison to Vortex Frame Slider:

Rear Spool Sliders:

OEM Yoke:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts