Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was out riding on Saturday and the guy in front of me suddenly slammed on brakes to let a couple of bicyclists cross the road. I was able to stop in time, while simultaneously giving him a little horn action. I DID NOT, however pull in the clutch and my bike died. When I tried to start it again, I got a clicking noise.

I pushed the bike to the side of the road, tried again, and got the same clicking noise. Tried bump-starting to no avail, and ended up pushing the bike the remaining two blocks to my house.

When I turn the key on, the fuel pump primes, the lights all work, but I still get the clicking noise after hitting the starter. There's also a new whining noise that happens after the sound of the fuel pump ends. Do you think it's the battery or something else?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Was out riding on Saturday and the guy in front of me suddenly slammed on brakes to let a couple of bicyclists cross the road. I was able to stop in time, while simultaneously giving him a little horn action. I DID NOT, however pull in the clutch and my bike died. When I tried to start it again, I got a clicking noise.

I pushed the bike to the side of the road, tried again, and got the same clicking noise. Tried bump-starting to no avail, and ended up pushing the bike the remaining two blocks to my house.

When I turn the key on, the fuel pump primes, the lights all work, but I still get the clicking noise after hitting the starter. There's also a new whining noise that happens after the sound of the fuel pump ends. Do you think it's the battery or something else?
If you have a volt meter i would start with checking your battery voltage, it seems odd with the timing, but thats where i would start.

·
Super Moderator
8,918 Posts
Yeah, seems like odd timing, but does sound exactly like a dead battery.

When the bike stalled out, did you immediately turn the key off? If it took a couple minutes to compose yourself, get the bike to the side of the road, then try starting again, having the headlight burn for a few minutes straight might have pushed a marginal battery over the edge.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts