Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This hit BARF yesterday, and it doesn't look like it's been up here.

There is going to be  a recall of '03 to '06 California spec SV650 and SV1000 tanks, on both S and naked models.  To get the details, go to the NHTSA Office of Defects Investigation and search for campaign ID number "06V013000"  Or, just read this:

Make / Models :        Model/Build Years:   
     SUZUKI / SV1000     2003
     SUZUKI / SV1000S     2003-2006
     SUZUKI / SV650     2003-2006
     SUZUKI / SV650S     2003-2006
Manufacturer : AMERICAN SUZUKI MOTOR CORP.
NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID Number : 06V013000 Mfg's Report Date : JAN 11, 2006
Component: FUEL SYSTEM, GASOLINE:STORAGE:TANK ASSEMBLY
Potential Number Of Units Affected : 4841
Summary:
ON CERTAIN CALIFORNIA-SPECIFICATION MODEL MOTORCYCLES, REPEATED STRESS FROM VIBRATION CAN CAUSE A CRACK TO FORM IN THE AREA WHERE THE LIQUID/VAPOR SEPARATOR BRACKET IS WELDED INSIDE THE FUEL TANK. THIS CAN ALLOW FUEL LEAKAGE TO OCCUR.
Consequence:
FUEL LEAKAGE IN THE PRESENCE OF AN IGNITION SOURCE CAN RESULT IN A FIRE.
Remedy:
DEALERS WILL REPLACE THE FUEL TANK FREE OF CHARGE. THE RECALL IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN IN FEBRUARY 2006. CUSTOMERS MAY CONTACT AMERICAN SUZUKI AT 714-572-1490.
Notes:
SUZUKI RECALL NO. 2086. CUSTOMERS MAY CONTACT THE NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATION'S VEHICLE SAFETY HOTLINE AT 1-888-327-4236 (TTY: 1-800-424-9153); OR GO TO HTTP://WWW.SAFERCAR.GOV.

So, got a 2nd gen in California?  You'll get a brand spanking new tank.

·
Registered
28 Posts
so this is only for california models??? or is the recall for those models nationwide?!?! cuz i'm here in kentucky and this is the first i've heard about it and i need a new tank and if i could get it replaced for free i think i just might dance a jig....

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Slick said:
so this is only for california models??? or is the recall for those models nationwide?!?! cuz i'm here in kentucky and this is the first i've heard about it and i need a new tank and if i could get it replaced for free i think i just might dance a jig....
california models only. sorry

and yeah - old news.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Just curious, I've been lagging on taking mine in. Is there a certain time frame or deadline I have to have it in by?

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
This news is older then the black baby jesus.

I'll insert my timeline pic if requested.

:)

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
Slick said:
your "timeline" huh?? i love the way you talk dirty :eek:
Slick, I can talk like wicked dirty. It's almost an art form with me and my work should be hanging a little to the left in The Louvre. Everything is a sexual innuendo or reference with me and then there are the pictures. So Slick anytime you want to talk dirty, provided that you have an inny, you just let me know. I give awesome phone!!

;)

·
Registered
540 Posts
is there a website somewhere that you register on? how does suzuki know who has a bike with everyone selling them to others.
No, I didn't register on any site. I guess they have a list of VINs and cross it off the list when the bike goes in the shop. I think it's by VIN because the letter specifically says to give the shop the VIN. I bought mine 2 years ago, 3rd owner. I guess it will take a while to get the letter.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts