Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im sure this question has been beaten to death, so maybe someone can point me to the right direction...

is there any chart/list someone made that lists all the other bikes rear shock which would fit directly on to the 2nd gen SV without any modifications?

i know from my little research that zx6r and zx10 shocks fit but which year?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
k. thank you.

found some locals selling 2010 ZX10 shock, 2004 750 GSXR shock, and a 05 636 shock. anyone know if any of these would be a direct swap? the 750 shock is the cheapest.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ill try the 750 gsxr shock in the winter sometime. my buddy has it. if it doesnt fit, i wont be charged anything. :)

·
Registered
210 Posts
Maybe it's the way the motorcycle.com app and Safari interact, but my browser opened it as http://https://. Deleted the initial http and it opened up.

·
Registered
789 Posts
how heavy are you? ZX14 spring/shock might be a good fit too, if you're ~230+ with gear. I've got it on mine (I'm 225 without gear) and it made a very noticeable difference when I changed over. Sonic Springs in the forks balanced it out and made this almost a completely different bike!

Three screws, and a little plastic shield is taken off, and it bolts right up, as it's the same length as the OEM shock.

--sarge

·
Registered
58 Posts
Note that there are things that can be done to change the length of a shock like by removing the bottom clevis mounting bracket from the shock and inserting spacers or washers between, or by inserting spacers on top between the bike frame and the shock, or by changing the linkages.

Things to look besides length are spring rate, position of the reservoir, and bottom connector type (Clevis vs. Eye) - although this could be changed if you wanted to modify it.

Here is a photo of the spreadsheet (as of today):

I highlighted compatibilities with the SV650 in green.

·
Premium Member
3,472 Posts
Great spreadsheet! Also downloaded as a PDF for offline use.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Hm. Your chart is making me wonder if I got a zx 14R shock instead of a 10R. Mine is definitely grey and not red!
There is more than one color for the ZX10. What year do you have? The Special Edition (not red) 06-07 ZX10 shock looks basically identical to the black ZX14. The difference is the angle of the rebound screw in relation to the body, and the overall length. It's subtle.

·
Registered
568 Posts
There is more than one color for the ZX10. What year do you have? The Special Edition (not red) 06-07 ZX10 shock looks basically identical to the black ZX14. The difference is the angle of the rebound screw in relation to the body, and the overall length. It's subtle.
It was listed on ebay as an 06-07 zx10r shock. I read that I didn't have to make any mods to swap it out. Was that inaccurate?

Here's a pic.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts