Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to build a WERA/CCS race legal sv650 on the cheap. So naturally there is no way in hell I am buying full race bodywork for $600ish. Does anyone who races know of a good, cheap alternative? I looked into BRG Racing's pan, but I am trying to go even cheaper. Appreciate the help :eek:ccasion14:

http://www.brgracing.com/productsContent.html

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Cheapest way with minimal work involved would probably be getting used/crashed race plastics, cutting the bottom off & mounting it w/ some DIY brackets.

Might have to do further loving to it in order to make it a more or less functional oil catch.

·
Registered
10,246 Posts
Cheapest way with minimal work involved would probably be getting used/crashed race plastics, cutting the bottom off & mounting it w/ some DIY brackets.

Might have to do further loving to it in order to make it a more or less functional oil catch.
This. I have picked up bodywork from as low as $50 for a complete set. A decent set of GSXR stuff can be had for 200 bucks.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I'm looking into the same pan.

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
look at one of those cheap aluminum/foil turkey pans... can be 'molded', will hold fluid, light weight and paintable!! not pretty but cheap and functional...

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This. I have picked up bodywork from as low as $50 for a complete set. A decent set of GSXR stuff can be had for 200 bucks.
Wow! That's some good looking 50 glass! I have been keeping my eyes open in the nesba, wera, svrider, and Tpm classified, but nothing cheap has come up yet.

I might go the turkey pan route for now. I think I remember seeing a pic of an sv with that setup racing.

The cheap eBay belly pans wouldn't be wera or ccs legal as far as I can tell. They look like they are there for looks, not catching fluids with there numerous gaps. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
10,246 Posts
I will keep my eyes peeled for cheaper sets... i saw some ZX10 stuff for like 2 bills not to long ago

1 - 10 of 10 Posts