Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry, but I do not have the time to read through all 300+ pages here so I had to start a new thread about this.

My questions are: Is it possible? Do the bolt holes line up? Is the gear ratio different to the rear tire (not including sprockets)? What are ALL the parts I need off the donor bike?

Again, sorry if this is a repost. I have already waisted a hour looking through all the other posts. I got as far as the "Harly Swap" post and gave up

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have done Honda swaps with their "cookie-cutter" engine blocks and all the sensors where in the same spots. Is this true with gen1 and gen2 motors? Will I have to change any wires for sensors or what not? What about EFI? Isn't the 2nd gen fuel injected? Is this a hard conversion from carb's to EFI.

I only ask these questions because I am putting on a S*IT LOAD of miles with the commute I am doing (240mi round trip to work) and might have to look for a motor soon. I love the style of the 1st gen but would like the advantage of a 2nd gen motor, if there is one. I think I heard somewhere that the 2nd gen transmission is not as good as the 1st gen tranny. Anyone else hear of that or was I givin' some bullsh!t story from the local "know-it-all"?

Thanks for all the help!

·
Premium Member
947 Posts
You would have to install the wiring harness, efi control box, and air filter box from a 2nd gen. Not sure about this but maybe you can bolt the manifolds and carbs on the 2nd gen motor.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for the info......this will be great when I am ready!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.