Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pulled the fairing off of my 01 S and now the stock reservoir sticks out like a sore thumb. If/when I make the move to aftermarket clipons I won't have a mount for the S reservoir anyway.

Would a 2nd gen front master cylinder/brake lever work with the 1st gen calipers? I can't think of a reason they wouldn't, but I figured I'd run it by the board first.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Yes.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haha, patina...blow me :nana:

I think I'll have to take you up on this as long as the rash isn't TOO bad. Since I've decided to do something different with the tail, the tank and fender are getting painted sooner rather than later. Much appreciated :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
IIRC the M/C threads are a different pitch between the S and nakeds. If they are you'll need a different banjo bolt.

·
Registered
17,602 Posts
Haha, patina...blow me :nana:

I think I'll have to take you up on this as long as the rash isn't TOO bad. Since I've decided to do something different with the tail, the tank and fender are getting painted sooner rather than later. Much appreciated :thumbsup:

One of the corners is gouged a bit. I bought it off eBay to put on my GT for like $20. But I found a perfect fit GS550 unit that was a direct swap.

You're welcome to use it until you can come up with something that works better or looks better.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the heads up Rich. I'll definitely check on that before doing anything drastic.

Brad, you're awesome.

·
Registered
744 Posts
IIRC the M/C threads are a different pitch between the S and nakeds. If they are you'll need a different banjo bolt.
Possibly, but you should be able to use the banjo bolt which come with the replacement MC.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Possibly, but you should be able to use the banjo bolt which come with the replacement MC.
Normally I would, but I have aftermarket lines that go straight from the MC to the calipers. I'm assuming that any naked MC I get will have the stock banjo bolt with it. I need one that has two holes and is long enough for the two brake lines. Thanks for the tip though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts