Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
BannedCampCounselor
9,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know the details to hooking up a 2nd gen gauge cluster unit on a 1st gen SVS?
Im sure its possible, Im just wondering how easy it could be done.
TIA

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
I'm very interested too but I can't imagine it's worth the hassle.
At the very least the speedo drive stuff is different so unless you swap sending unit assemblies the speed will be off. The tach, nuetral light and high beams should be easy... if you can retain the gen1 fuel gauge sending unit you'll still loose 1 stage, you may need to use the gen2 sending unit. This is all a best-case scenario, if stuff is driven off the ECU then it just won't work without some degree of reverse engineering.

·
BannedCampCounselor
9,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
TWF has been working on this as of lately, but it sounds like theres problems with the tach reading either 2x as fast or half as fast....
donnie might chime in and link to the new info in the latest post....

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
I've been busy on my gas tank.... give me another couple weeks and I should have some results.

The problem is as you said, the tach runs at 2X speed. Toddpnewton has given me lots of great ideas and I'm pretty sure there's a work around.

T

·
0 Posts
donniej said:
I've been busy on my gas tank.... give me another couple weeks and I should have some results.

The problem is as you said, the tach runs at 2X speed.  Toddpnewton has given me lots of great ideas and I'm pretty sure there's a work around. 
I'm full of great ideas. none of them will work. ;D

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts