Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So she pretty much sat around for the past year or so. Took her out once and got a ticket 2 hours later, haven't rode her since. Now after sitting out in the wonderful Florida weather everything metal is rusted and aluminum is pitted. Decided I want to ride more again since owning my own business miraculously gives me more money and some actual time to spend it!

Got her all torn down in the corner of my office and figured if I kept posting pics in here I might stay more motivated...

Making a new underbody that i'll be glassing tommorow...

From the top you can see the recessed plate box...

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just finished my new one tonight.... Deciding on how to hold the battery down. Have some threaded stock and wing-nuts I could weld on, but may try to figure some latching mechanism, haven't decided yet....

It bolts to the holes on the engine that the oil cooler bolts to. Pretty sturdy, was shaking the bike with it and it wasn't budging a bit....

Got the undertail all glassed up and just need to trim it up, add a little filler and sand it down. Gives me a lot more room in the trunk and I like how the license plate looks....

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ordered a 520 conversion kit (chain and both sprockets), front fork seals and dust covers, and some new exhaust parts. If your in central Florida then check out DeLand Motorsports, they do a good job of taking care of people from what i've seen...

Almost done with the new undertail. Debating on whether to finish to paintable quality or just use some truckbed coating on it... This shot gives a better idea of what it looks like. Extends from the tail light all the way to the engine. Has a recessed license plate box, need to find some small leds to light it up...

Also found some pod filters on sale that fit perfect. The original rubber boot was the wrong size, but I was able to take the boots off the original airbox and pop them into the filters and they fit perfect! The smaller filter is the crankcase breather. Debating on welding up a small box for a catch-can and popping a filter on that, might wait and see how much actually comes out of it...

Coming soon going to fill in the fairing turn signal holes, grab rail holes, and possibly play with restyling the lower fairings...

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sanded down (mostly) and mounted yay!!! Need to reshape the left side pointy spot by the light, but other than that REALLY happy with the way it's coming out! It gives me a ton more room in the trunk and under the seat, and mostly seals off the undertail...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts