Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This came with my '04N a few years ago. The paint color does not match, my bike is a YU9 paint code (Orpiment yellow), this thing is a darker yellow without the pearlescent overcoat. It replaces the rear pillion seat, and has a built-in mini backrest. I'm really tall, so the mini backrest just prevents me from sitting as far back as I'd like. As a result, I never use this thing, and it's just sitting in a box in my garage taking up space.

Other than a few light scuffs on the top from somebody's foot grazing it as they swung their leg over the bike (that will probably just wipe off), it's like new. It even still smells like automotive paint inside. Has a top-hinged door with rubber gasket, and locks. I have two keys.

These sold for ~$400+tax+shipping new, and you can't find them anywhere as they are extremely rare.

I'm asking $250+ shipping. You will probably need to respray this thing to color match your bike, so keep that in mind.

Why spend $200 for a top mount carrier rack, then have to buy luggage separately? This just clips in-place of your seat, and you have instant storage that also isn't boxy. The interior is also carpeted.

Update: Here are the photos

·
Registered
125 Posts
Snailman, I'm trying to get an idea on shipping cost, in what part of the world are you located?

I'd like to see a pic of your Smuggler if possible.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
PM me your address/zip, and I can get you a more accurate quote. I'm going to guess on the order of around $30-$40 for UPS ground.

Also, the paint does have fine metallic flake, and there are a few tiny chips (see photos) on the top, but otherwise in very nice condition.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Added photos in top post.

Also, these are actually $799+shipping new:
http://corbin.com/suzuki/sv650.shtml

I'd read someplace on here that some dealer clearanced (meaning, unlikely they had your color) a few of these out a couple of years ago for around $400+shipping. Maybe that's how the P.O. got this one, who knows. $250+ shipping (+ possible respray cost) is a heck of a deal if you ask me :) The last one of these that came up for sale used on here was over $300.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Great deal, bought one off somebody on this forum a couple of years ago, very convenient to carry items. Whoever buys this, even if the paint doesn't completely match, just have it painted, it'll still be a helluva savings!! GLWS!

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am, too. It's just sitting in a box collecting dust in my garage.

Side note, I replaced my grab bar and left fender (they were damaged when I bought the bike) with some factory new ones. The bike looks really nice now :)

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I still have the grab bar, and I don't have any plans for it. I figure $10+ship and it's yours (nicer ones can be had for around $30 on fleabay). Send me you zip and I'll see what I can do regarding shipping. Just to be clear, the old one is rashed up, you'll want to paint it to get it looking nice again.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts