Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
42 Posts
Meh, almost as ugly as a new hornet.
Nice looking usd forks but still not adjustable. I like the wheels and brakes should be improvement compared to sv.
I wonder how much cheaper the engine is to produce compared to V twin.

· Registered
42 Posts
I think they explicitly said they will be producing 8S alongside SV.
Sure, in a few years they'll probably kill the production. I just hope there will be some nice looking bikes when that happens. Can't stand these transformers angular modern abominations.

· Registered
42 Posts
I'm torn on this bike other than the looks which i don't like.
At one hand I don't care much about specs. Heck, I bought Gen 3 new which is basically 23y old bike.
At the other hand, I expected a bit less weight considering it is pt.

· Registered
42 Posts
Difference between my Ali frame gen 2 and my steel frame gen 3 race bikes with similar race spec and same amount of fuel is 5kg or 11lb. I use two load cells linked together and a long sturdy plank to measure.
Is that with stock swingarms? I remember reading somewhere that Gen 1 swingarm was around 4kg lighter than Gen 3.

· Registered
42 Posts
Looks like the gen3 is a pig.

I like riding both my pig and my old gen 1 :)

When ridden back to back, they are quite a bit different. Seating position is a lot different, power delivery a bit different.
Gen 1 has less noticable drop in power after 8-9k rpm. Gen 3 has flat spot up to 3-4 (euro 5 probably), but it's nice at low speed. Then pulls hard to around 8-9, and then hits a wall.

Probably the biggest difference is in handling. Although, that might be 20 some year differencein shock and different tyres.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts