Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Yeah its pretty generic and copy cat of what the other manufacturers are doing. I cant see this bike becoming a cult race bike like the SV. What class would it run in for a start.
A couple of points where they've fallen a bit short are the power and more importantly the weight. Its 20kg heavier than my Aprilia 660 with 13 less HP.
The forks and brakes look good but will interesting to hear how they perform. I like the TFT dash and the up and down quick shifter makes for a reasonable spec level.
I'm not a fan of the stacked LEDs either but overall I think the styling is OK and better than others in the same segment.
It's a pass from me but I'm not excited. :unsure:

· Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
From a racers point of view the bike is disappointing. I was really hoping Suzuki would bring out something that would at least go some way towards bridging the current performance gap between the SV and the Aprilia. (Here in NZ we aren't allowed engine mods beyond exhaust and ECU flash) But the odd engine capacity of 776cc has blown it. Even if it had been around the 650cc mark that wet weight of 202kg would have been another performance killer. (n)

From a road bike perspective it has the potential to be an enjoyable ride as long as the handling is good. With inverted forks and a1465mmm wheel base it should be quite stable and planted on the road. That long stroke motor should pull nicely out of corners too and the addition of a quickshifter will add to the fun. 82HP might be just enough to produce a grin but it would have been helped by having a lighter mass to propel. I'm looking forward to reading the first reviews.:unsure:

· Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
When you have the likes of James Holland, (44 teeth) saying the 3gen is "way more stable" and Teagg Hobbs main crew chief (dad) saying pretty much the same you have to wonder how much the 3gens steel frame and swingarm plays a role.
Kinda depends what you prefer. From a racing perspective the steel frame is more rigid than the Gen 2 aluminum jobbie which offers more flex. The first time I rode a Gen 3 at the track I was blown away by the stability of it into fast corners. I knew I wanted one. To be fair there are some variables there in set up between those two bikes with different suspension components etc. No regrets making the switch.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts