Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
New Year in general was a "non event" for me. I was in bed well before midnight, but reading the local police and highway patrol reports I see that a lot of people got the customary New Years Eve DWIs.:rolleyes:
Last Sunday when I shot the latest video I posted here, it was almost 70 degrees. Today, it's 13 degrees as I type this, and there's roughly a half inch of snow and ice on everything. Global warming is over and the SW Missouri winter is here..:confused:

·
Registered
2000 SV650 N
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
it's 13 degrees
Brrrrr. That's waaaay too cold. I'm a Southern boy; my body is simply not built for that shit. Cold = snow skiing. Otherwise, 80 degrees always.

Glad you had a relaxing evening MO, filled with the DWI schadenfreude. Happy New Year.

·
Registered
926 Posts
That's why I'm stuck in SoCal; that Midwest weather was killing me. I'd be a shut-in for the Winter months if ice were involved. We just wrapped up two weeks of rain here and it's like Springtime!
Abstinence, not really... lol. Just not five beers every afternoon. I still can't turn down a well made Sazerac.

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
I'm just hoping we don't get too much snow and/or another really cold spell like we had last winter. It was -10 to -12 every night for almost a week. Real pain heading out in that at 4:15 AM to go to work..

·
Registered
2000 SV650 N
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Perspective is a funny thing. Mo, you're saying you hope you don't get too much snow, and my daughter, who lives in central Louisiana, is singingly excited because she may get flurries tonight. My son is the same, he wants to take the three-hour trip to visit her and play in the "snow".

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
Yeah, it's just a PITA here. We don't get enough to play in (snowmobile or such), just enough to make things difficult for a while. The worst winter blight here is the occasional ice storm. The last one was in 2007. Destroyed the entire power grid for a 100+ square miles around here. My electric was off for 4 days and I was one of the lucky ones. Some were out for a month. It was crazy, I hauled off 14 pickup loads of downed tree limbs from my yard and the top of my house. There were big trucks coming in from out of State for the cleanup. A little way from my place there was a 30 foot high, 50-60 foot wide and 100 yard long brush pile burning for 4 days with all the tree trash from just around the Republic area.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I put down the topcoat and finished around midnight on Sunday. Drove to Mississippi for work this week and got back today. I've been moving everything back to where it belongs since I've been home.. I'd say the frustration of prep has been worth it on the floor.

If only I knew how to actually work on the damn thing properly. Fake it until you make it, right? Everything is covered in snow and ice here for the next four months, so I might as well start practicing on the faking it part. It looks friggen awesome though.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Fuel tank Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
2000 SV650 N
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
It looks fantastic Matt. That shine is killer. Nice work area.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts