Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2000 SV650 N
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are your plans to celebrate the end of 2021, and to anticipate the beginning of 2022?

·
Registered
2000 SV650 N
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sleep. LOL. Yosemite, nice tradition. I'll bet it's beautiful. Auburn's going to have their hands full. Not so much Bama. I see Tide and Dawgs for championship, but I'm SEC partial.

We have an annual New Years Eve party at my house. 20-30 people, lots of food and alcohol, ton of noise and fireworks display. Someone always ends up in the pool. Always fun and memorable. No recent arrests. I'm looking forward to it.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Man, I'm down for an SV invasion at Geo's; that sounds fun :LOL:🍻:sleep:o_O:coffee:
We are planning about as tame a NYE as can be... our church is doing a New Year service in person and online. We attend online as the church is in a different state and time zone, so we get to celebrate at 10pm our time! In bed before midnight local Pacific time is good by me ;) As much fun as I had drinking for all those years, I don't miss the hangovers.

As far as resolutions go (nobody asked, but whatever), I'm considering floating a 32-hour workweek at my office. I think everyone here would be on board if I lead it. After the last couple of years, I feel like we all need to spend more of our time on what's important, and enough time making money. Wish me luck on that one 🍀

·
Registered
2000 SV650 N
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Love the SV invasion idea! The more the merrier.

As far as resolutions go
Yes, I forgot to include resolutions. On our part, my wife and I resolve to get back to our low-carb diets. We strayed from them in early fall, and have felt unhealthy ever since. We have been following a low-carb diet for several years now, and it has worked wonders. It takes some getting used to, but my research tells me it is the healthiest diet out there. For those unfamiliar, the simplest instruction is to remove all the white things, potatoes, rice, grains, breads from your diet (including most fruits and other sugary things). It is meat-centric, and you can eat all you want without watching calories. I'm excited to get back into it. Cheers.

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Sleep. LOL. Yosemite, nice tradition. I'll bet it's beautiful. Auburn's going to have their hands full. Not so much Bama. I see Tide and Dawgs for championship, but I'm SEC partial.

We have an annual New Years Eve party at my house. 20-30 people, lots of food and alcohol, ton of noise and fireworks display. Someone always ends up in the pool. Always fun and memorable. No recent arrests. I'm looking forward to it.
Reminds me of the New Year's Eve party I attended with some of Hillsboro, Oregon's finest. Did not anticipate firearms being produced and discharged. Safety tip: Never give your gun to a drunk girlfriend!

·
Registered
2000 SV650 N
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Did not anticipate firearms being produced and discharged. Safety tip: Never give your gun to a drunk girlfriend!
That's hilarious! Drunk chicks shooting guns and shit. Sounds like an Eddie Murphy standup. Yea, in the South, especially away from city lights, lots of shotguns are fired in the air on 12/21 and 7/4. No harm, just rains shot. But you get the idiots shooting bullets, that's dangerous.

·
Registered
366 Posts
As far as resolutions go (nobody asked, but whatever), I'm considering floating a 32-hour workweek at my office. I think everyone here would be on board if I lead it. After the last couple of years, I feel like we all need to spend more of our time on what's important, and enough time making money. Wish me luck on that one 🍀
Great idea, like your philosophy. I tried for a 36 hr week (4 x 9 hr days) at my work (a roading company) but they wouldnt do it as apparently I need to do 40 hrs to 'ratify my position'. Instead I got an agreement to do 4 x 10 hr days. I have a three day wkd every weekend unless we are real busy and then I work Friday, not often though.
It's a much better way of life for me, the week goes a lot quicker and you get used to the longer days to a certain extent. It does suck a bit in winter going to work in the dark and returning in the dark but the tradeoffs are well worth it. Really helps with travelling long distance for a Saturday race day. I feel like my work/life balance is better this way. Good luck.

PS. For New Years I'm going out to a local lake with some friends where we will camp for a few days. I'll take all my usual toys: trail bike, Rifle, inflatable boat and rod. Happy days. :giggle:

·
Registered
42 Posts
New Years Eve Day I will be cheering on my beloved Michigan Wolverines. I watched the OSU game with my dad, and he was convinced he'd never see Michigan beat Ohio State again in his lifetime, so that was just about the best thing ever. Anything after is just gravy. Headed out to watch this game with him because who knows if Michigan will ever be in this position again.

New Years Day I'm getting busy and hopefully putting a cap on the "Painting is 95% prep, 5% actual painting". I'm working on epoxying my basement floor, and everything is all ready to go. Got help lined up due to the quick pot life of the materials and the amount of trim work necessary for the first base coat. Walls have all been painted, floor has been grinded, concrete cracks repaired, dust has been mopped and vacuumed, and blistered hands are in recovery. Looking forward to this project finally being done and being able to turn a wrench on a motorcycle again since they've been underneath tarps for the last 45 days.

Flooring Gas Clock Machine Shipping box

The garage turned out pretty slick. I paid for help with this one though due to the extensive concrete damage that was above my ability to do myself.
Rectangle Automotive design Flooring Floor Indoor games and sports

My family has been all up in my grill about doing housework to make the house look more presentable and modern. "We're never going to get to experience grandchildren if you don't redo your bathroom and replace all of the kitchen cabinet doors that you're using as floor boards in the attic." <-- These are the literal words they're saying, but I know deep down they're saying "chicks totally dig houses with more motorcycles in the garage than there are forks in the silverware drawer. You're doing just fine son."

Have a happy and safe New Years ya'll.

·
Registered
2000 SV650 N
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nice hearing from you Matt. It's been awhile. Enjoy the game with your Dad. I'm torn on that one. My Dad went to grad school at Michigan, but I've been SEC all my life. Either outcome I win.

Your basement looks nice. That floor should make it pop. Good luck and Happy New Year!

·
Registered
2000 SV650 N
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
BTW, I will cooking Creole black-eyed peas with tasso (Cajun smoked ham), spiral-sliced Honey-Baked ham, and braised cabbage with bacon for New Years Day. Luck, Health, Wealth as tradition follows. Feel free to drop by for heaping helpings.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Nice hearing from you Matt. It's been awhile.
Oh I've been lurkin' around and reading pretty much every day here. I just haven't had anything worth contributing in a while. Track bug bit me pretty hard, so me and the SV are booked for quite a few track days and riding classes next year. Really looking forward to it--just need to get through the winter first. The bike is dialed in--just needs a capable rider on top. And some track fairings.

·
Registered
2000 SV650 N
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'll let you know how it come out SS. I have two hobbies, motorcycles and cooking. Golf seemed to pass me up. BTW, did you get the wheels?

·
Registered
488 Posts
I'll let you know how it come out SS. I have two hobbies, motorcycles and cooking. Golf seemed to pass me up. BTW, did you get the wheels?
Bet it turns out awesome. Three hobbies, motorcycles, mtbing, and ocean rock gardening. Find me on youtube, Neptune's Rangers, I use a greenland paddle.
No, still on the fence. If Dymag made a 5.0 in the UP7X it would be a done deal.
Happy New Years Eve Geo!

·
Registered
928 Posts
Oh I've been lurkin' around and reading pretty much every day here. I just haven't had anything worth contributing in a while. Track bug bit me pretty hard, so me and the SV are booked for quite a few track days and riding classes next year. Really looking forward to it--just need to get through the winter first. The bike is dialed in--just needs a capable rider on top. And some track fairings.
I dig that, the capable rider is always the weakest link! I'm wondering how the brief Winter will change my riding this coming Spring. Seems I've spent more time wrenching and tweaking than riding when it gets cold and wet. You gotta tell us about the progress on the bike.
I would list eating creole food is a hobby of mine; I miss my down South cooking man...
Happy New Year to all!

·
Registered
2000 SV650 N
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
All in all, it was a great night. No (major) injuries, no calls to the bail bondsman, lots of hugs and well-wishes. Once the headache dissipates, all will be good. It's times like these I admire Drew for his abstinence.

Happy New Years folks. Thrilled to put a monstrous 2021 in the rearview.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts