Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,069 Posts
The stock gauge is the only unit that will be plug n play.

An aftermarket gauge will take some effort to get working, especially getting the fuel gauge and temp gauge to work. Also, no aftermarket gauge will support the Dealer Mode codes.

Yeah, the stock gauges are expensive. Maybe try pm Mad8vskilz on the forum here, he has lots of used SV parts. Good luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The stock gauge is the only unit that will be plug n play.

An aftermarket gauge will take some effort to get working, especially getting the fuel gauge and temp gauge to work. Also, no aftermarket gauge will support the Dealer Mode codes.

Yeah, the stock gauges are expensive. Maybe try pm Mad8vskilz on the forum here, he has lots of used SV parts. Good luck.
Ty for your prompt reply!
If I buy a new OEM display will it have memory of my miles or do I have to transfer the circuit board from the original unit? Ty

·
Super Moderator
9,069 Posts
The new gauge will come with zero miles. If the old circuit board is not damaged then, yes, you can swap it over to the new case to keep your miles.

There is a company called BlueGauges that can adjust the miles on a new gauge (need proof of existing miles) on the Gen2 SV, not sure if they can do it for the newer Gen3.

I did not check the parts list but maybe you can purchase just the gauge case for cheaper?

·
Super Moderator
9,069 Posts
Which parts do you need?

The circuit board#1 is $418 but if you only need case#2($99) and/or case#5($47) that's not too bad.
Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design Car Vehicle

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i need 1 and 2.
Do you think 34120-18K01 (for the sv650XAL9) work on my SV650L7?
Im switching the circuit board anyway tryna save a buck
ty

·
Super Moderator
9,069 Posts
If you need #1 (circuit board) then you can not swap that in to save money. Or, I am not understanding what you are saying?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts