Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Good Luck out there. I can hardly wait to see you guys on track with MotoAmerica live+

·
Registered
9,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Crashed Friday on 2nd lap of Q1. 1st lap was is what i qualified at and came very easy. Next lap was a hot lap and I tucked the front in turn 9 following Jackson Blackmon who toasted his engine a corner or so later.

My foot got stuck under the bike as it was sliding. Sprained or broke my ankle. Race was rough, but we finished.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I saw the crash on the MA coverage. Glad you are relatively ok. Heal up soon Sam.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Nice top 10 at the ridge Sam. Time to see what you can do at a track you know a little better at NJ.

·
Registered
9,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
That track was tough to learn. Tough to get gearing and tough to find suspension setting.

I had some issues with front suspension all year and we figured out why this weekend. I ran a completely different set of forks for the race which were way too soft but step in the right direction.

·
Registered
9,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Well the pace was extremely fast this weekend @ NJMP.
Saturday I was a bit off lap times i wanted to be at, was behind two Yamahas all race. Passed them both on the last lap to get 8th. I had to wait until the last lap to pass them otherwise i'd just get motored.

Sunday times were way better. My previous best at NJMP was a 1:29.696. I was able to drop that by 1 full second and do a 1:28.690. Every lap was very consistent.

Zoran @ TWF got my forks working the way they should. Suspension and tires were perfect. Bike was way easier to ride compared to all the other rounds this year. I'm happy to finally be on the right track.

Barber this weekend.

Reactions: Kiwi Rider

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
Enjoyed seeing what I could of your experience, mostly because Ryan Max Johnson has been my closest competitor/rival since my novice year, both in sprints and endurance, and I've battled Cooper McDonald in endurance racing. Great job beating them!

If you care to see my last time racing against Cooper (go to 4:54)...

·
Registered
239 Posts
Zoran @ TWF got my forks working the way they should. Suspension and tires were perfect. Bike was way easier to ride compared to all the other rounds this year. I'm happy to finally be on the right track.
Good one. Anything in particular that made that difference to the forks?

·
Registered
9,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Oil height was way wrong. GP suspension did the forks and normally Zoran always does my suspension. My mistake for not having Zoran do them from day 1.

I also went to a softer compound front tire from what i normally use. I never went to the softer front tire because of chatter. It was a gamble to use it but i had no chatter and bike handled great.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Oil height was way wrong. GP suspension did the forks and normally Zoran always does my suspension. My mistake for not having Zoran do them from day 1.

I also went to a softer compound front tire from what i normally use. I never went to the softer front tire because of chatter. It was a gamble to use it but i had no chatter and bike handled great.
Too much oil or not enough? I’ve not long had my forks set up professionally for the first time and he changed my air gap from 115mm to 150mm (less oil) which surprised me but the proof is in the riding eh and it feels good.

·
Registered
9,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
less oil.

The forks i used at The Ridge had too little oil.

We're just about spot on currently.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts