Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
9,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Had issues,wouldn't pull hard over 8,000rpm.. which made for qualifying nearly last. Figured out it was Fuel pump completely clogged from the tank foam we have to run. So got that cleaned out just in time for race 1.

Made suspension changes then for race 2 and dropped tons more time. I know exactly what i need to adjust and drop even more time for the next round there. At the end of race 2 bike was at 250degrees so i had to back it down and drop back a position just to make sure the race was finished.

Sucks going into the first round with out any way to test because of covid (unless i wanted to drive 13 hours to do a track day).

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Had issues,wouldn't pull hard over 8,000rpm.. which made for qualifying nearly last. Figured out it was Fuel pump completely clogged from the tank foam we have to run. So got that cleaned out just in time for race 1.

Made suspension changes then for race 2 and dropped tons more time. I know exactly what i need to adjust and drop even more time for the next round there. At the end of race 2 bike was at 250degrees so i had to back it down and drop back a position just to make sure the race was finished.

Sucks going into the first round with out any way to test because of covid (unless i wanted to drive 13 hours to do a track day).
Yeah, going to a race weekend with an unsorted bike can be a real nightmare. BT..DT :(
Sounds like you make great progress with it though, congrats.

·
Registered
9,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Now that we got that first round of a test out of the way. Can focus on just making bike a bit better.

remembering how to ride in race 2 also helps.

·
Registered
9,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #29

·
Registered
9,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Turns out we weren't in any better of a spot.

Went a bit faster. Got bike sorted just in time for the race. No longer pushing coolant. No longer have fuel pump issues.

·
Registered
9,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
The dainese doesn't act as a sail, it just fits perfect vs the LWT suit which is much larger in places.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Makes sense at a high speed place like Road America on an SV. Hopefully you can find your way closer to the front at some other tracks coming up.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts