Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at the Yoshi Alpha T, M4 full exhaust, and Arrow headers and keeping the Yoshi Alpha slip on that the bike had on when I purchased it.

Cost wise, Arrow would be the way to go. Sound wise, I think I prefer the Alpha T. Performance looks about equal if the manufacturers info is correct. I have a Power Commander V but the only tune I've found is for Leo Vince pipes or stock so I don't have a reason to choose one over the other based on available tunes right now. So, any recommendations or thoughts?

Thank you!

·
Registered
49 Posts
I just put a M4 full race exhaust on my 2017 SV and love it. It comes without a DB killer but I got the quieter of the two DB killers available and it's perfect to me. This pipe is completely up and tucked in tight to the bike, more than any exhaust I've had. Install was fairly easy, had to remove O2 sensor w/wire and reinstall up the other side of bike. Pipe comes with new exhaust hanger and M4 was great when I called them concerning which DB killer to get. I would post a photo but this site will not let me.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome, thank you for the info! Does the port for the 02 sensor fit the stock sensor or is it a larger diameter?

·
Registered
49 Posts
As I remember it came with a small screw in adapter so stock O2 sensor fit no problem.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Jayson - I'm also looking for a full exhaust to install for my 2018 SV. I'm thinking I'll get the arrow header with with either a Holeshot Performance 14" black slip on or (if they ever come back in stock) the Scorpion Serket Tapered slip-on in carbon fiber. I'll get a Holeshot EFI Supertune pro to get it dialed in. This will be a winter project. I like the Yosh color and texter but I'm not a huge fan of the can. I like the M4 race full exhaust but since I'm keeping the passenger peg and I just don't like the pipe bend of the . I just don't like the way the header bends on the full system. When you get yours installed, post pics.

Safe riding!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Jayson - I'm also looking for a full exhaust to install for my 2018 SV. I'm thinking I'll get the arrow header with with either a Holeshot Performance 14" black slip on or (if they ever come back in stock) the Scorpion Serket Tapered slip-on in carbon fiber. I'll get a Holeshot EFI Supertune pro to get it dialed in. This will be a winter project. I like the Yosh color and texter but I'm not a huge fan of the can. I like the M4 race full exhaust but since I'm keeping the passenger peg and I just don't like the pipe bend of the . I just don't like the way the header bends on the full system. When you get yours installed, post pics.

Safe riding!
M4 has the non race bend one that lets you keep the passenger peg.

https://m4exhaust.com/suzuki/suzuki-sv-650/suzuki-sv-650-2017/2017-suzuki-sv-650-full-system-polished/

·
Registered
9 Posts
Looking at the Yoshi Alpha T, M4 full exhaust, and Arrow headers and keeping the Yoshi Alpha slip on that the bike had on when I purchased it.

Cost wise, Arrow would be the way to go. Sound wise, I think I prefer the Alpha T. Performance looks about equal if the manufacturers info is correct. I have a Power Commander V but the only tune I've found is for Leo Vince pipes or stock so I don't have a reason to choose one over the other based on available tunes right now. So, any recommendations or thoughts?

Thank you!
Hi, I am in the market for a full exhaust and was looking at the Alpha T. Really like the sound. I don't mind the look. Quick question though, do one have to flash the ECU after the full exhaust install?

·
Registered
9 Posts

Safe riding!
Hi,

You got any pics of your install? I am very interested to see how it panned out.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just installed the M4 full race exhaust this evening. Install was not that difficult, but their instructions could have been better. So far I don't have a dB killer in it and I'm debating whether to get one or not. Doesn't seem that loud on the highway, but it does when you're standing next to the bike.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Very nice!

And I just installed the Yoshimura Alpha T Full Exhaust system! This thing is pure sex! Oh my...!
(Just ignore the not too circle wheel due to my camera!)

·
Registered
60 Posts
I would recommend a flash or custom tune with any full exhaust. Otherwise you are likely going to be running lean and/or hot. Go to a tuner, as I have found the downloaded ones are rarely correct.

·
Registered
9 Posts
That’s a good tip. Yoshimura-RD do not indicate the need for a power commander with the install. I will read up on it and consider if there is a need. So far bike idles and runs well. No smell of fumes for rich or lean runs.

I just installed the M4 full race exhaust this evening. Install was not that difficult, but their instructions could have been better. So far I don't have a dB killer in it and I'm debating whether to get one or not. Doesn't seem that loud on the highway, but it does when you're standing next to the bike.

View attachment 54346

·
Registered
214 Posts
I would recommend a flash or custom tune with any full exhaust. Otherwise you are likely going to be running lean and/or hot. Go to a tuner, as I have found the downloaded ones are rarely correct.
I did this after fitting the M4 full system. Turned out it was actually running rich at the top end of the rev range. I was expecting the typical lean down low syndrome but it was actually pretty good. I gained more power by leaning it out a bit.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Well put on about 200 miles today on the new SV650X. I didn't find the exhaust too loud on back roads or highway so I think I will not be installing the dB killer. However, I am going to get a custom flash to get the most out of it. The bike pulls pretty good to about 100 MPH and I won't really be going any faster on a naked bike. If I want real speed I already have an S1000RR 😂

1 - 14 of 14 Posts