Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

2018 gladius handlebar options.

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Soulspinner 
#1 ·
I like this bike but would enjoy a more forward lean, aggressive ride. From my initial research it seems like there is no kit that fits this bike. Is there anyone who has gone through aftermarket clip ons with the 2018 Gladius? I ask because I fear they would compromise the break cable.

#2 ·
Almost limitless options. Drag bars, ape hangers, superbike bars, clubman bars, clip-ons - 7/8" 1 1'8" fat bar. Don't know what a break cable is, if you're talking about the front brake hose, can get a bit creative with routing, get longer or shorter. There's locating pins on the handlebar controls, options on how to deal with that challenge, drill new bars, go pinless use electrical tape or skateboard grip tape. A 20mm change in handlebar height is noticeable and can be easily accomplished, find the stock bar rise & pullback, then compare to aftermarket, Bikemaster brand handlebars are readily available for a low cost, Renthal/Rizoma/ProTaper are lighter weight and cost more. Clip-ons - cheap Chinese junk or Woodcraft for quality.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.