Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ridden both a 2022 SV and a 2020 or older gen3? I found the following differences in power and torque. The 2022 makes 4 hp less, which I probably wouldn't notice. But I would probably notice max torque kicking in 1300 rpm sooner. I'm curious if this was accomplished only by tuning the ECU on the 2022, and if it makes for a more enjoyable ride. If so, can I accomplish this on my 2017 by simply flashing it with the stock maps of a 2022?

2020:
  • Maximum output:
    56/76.1/8500 (kw/PS/rpm)
  • Maximum torque:
    64/8100 (Nm/rpm)
2022:
  • Maximum output:
    53/72/8500 (kw/PS/rpm)
  • Maximum torque:
    63/6800 (Nm/rpm)

· Registered
699 Posts
I think you’re misreading the numbers. These new values are gotten by RESTRICTING the exhaust, to meet the new European regulations. I think my ‘21 has them as well.

If you were to look at a chart, rather than seeing the torque and power moved, you would see the older bike making the same numbers at the same, or even earlier rpm. Only maxing out much higher. Your average rider, like me, wouldn’t even notice.

· Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think you’re misreading the numbers. These new values are gotten by RESTRICTING the exhaust, to meet the new European regulations. I think my ‘21 has them as well.

If you were to look at a chart, rather than seeing the torque and power moved, you would see the older bike making the same numbers at the same, or even earlier rpm. Only maxing out much higher. Your average rider, like me, wouldn’t even notice.
Oh, I see. Thanks for clarifying. Makes sense.

· Registered
699 Posts
One part of the question is still valid - did Suzuki achieve Euro5 by simply altering the physical build of the exhaust? ECU mapping? Different cam?
It was too confusing on PartZilla, that only showed the ‘22 and before. The part numbers for the Canadian and the newest California/International ECUs seem to be the same. ‘Rest of the US’ are different.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts