Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any idea where I could buy a set of handlebar risers for my 2017 SV? Seems like there is a limited supply of stuff for 3rd gen SVs.

Thanks

Pic of the new bike just bought it brand new got an excellent deal due to it being a 2017 and stuck on the dealers floor still.

20200512_200706.jpg

·
Chief Greeter
28,556 Posts

These risers go up and back - I didn't see any risers that just go up for 2017.

Or you can replace the handlebars, there are a few threads in here that mention that.

On my SV I added 1" risers.

Good luck!

·
Chief Greeter
28,556 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Revzilla has a good selection. I think any 22mm (7/8") riser should work. I tried some SW Motech 25mm risers first. The 25 mm do make a noticeble difference, but I ended up going for some longer ones instead Variable bar back black for 22mm handlebars - SW-MOTECH

Keep in mind, anything longer than ~25mm you will need new longer clutch, throttle and brake cables. Even with the 25mm risers, my clutch cable had a little pinching at max handlebar turn.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Revzilla has a good selection. I think any 22mm (7/8") riser should work. I tried some SW Motech 25mm risers first. The 25 mm do make a noticeble difference, but I ended up going for some longer ones instead Variable bar back black for 22mm handlebars - SW-MOTECH

Keep in mind, anything longer than ~25mm you will need new longer clutch, throttle and brake cables. Even with the 25mm risers, my clutch cable had a little pinching at max handlebar turn.

View attachment 54158
So if you endend up putting the Variable bar back black for 22mm handlebars from Sw-Motech, you had to change your cable?
So wich cable you used??

·
Registered
2 Posts
For clutch and throttle cable I got these:
EFFEX : Throttle Cable [ECT54402]
EFFEX : Clutch Cable [ECC54402]

I got these because you can choose how much longer than STD you want (I got STD + 50mm ones because the risers I used have a 50mm rise).

For the brake line I got a custom one from Hel Performance because I live in NZ, and this looked like the easiest way to order.

https://nz.helperformance.com/custom-brake-hose
FITTING ONE FIXED FEMALE - M10 X 1.00
FITTING ONE ANGLE 45°
FITTING TWO BANJO - M10 / 3/8"
FITTING TWO ANGLE 20°
SUPPORT ONE RUBBER GROMMET
SUPPORT TWO NONE
LENGTH 42CM

·
Registered
2 Posts
For clutch and throttle cable I got these:
EFFEX : Throttle Cable [ECT54402]
EFFEX : Clutch Cable [ECC54402]

I got these because you can choose how much longer than STD you want (I got STD + 50mm ones because the risers I used have a 50mm rise).

For the brake line I got a custom one from Hel Performance because I live in NZ, and this looked like the easiest way to order.

https://nz.helperformance.com/custom-brake-hose
FITTING ONE FIXED FEMALE - M10 X 1.00
FITTING ONE ANGLE 45°
FITTING TWO BANJO - M10 / 3/8"
FITTING TWO ANGLE 20°
SUPPORT ONE RUBBER GROMMET
SUPPORT TWO NONE
LENGTH 42CM
Oh shit wow!! Thanks for all that info.

Ya so for brake was wasent going to be much an issue cause you just get fitting and a longer line.

Where Im kind of strugling was for the clutch and throttle cables. I know theirs Motion Pro and Venhill kn the Uk that can do custom cables.

But thats sweet that you found a good place to get them.

And ya I already have 2" risers from Rocfx from my previous bike.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts