Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
I was drooling over the 1199 this morning and now this.

And this is a way sexier color/contrast...

And here I am riding an SV with barely any fairgs, niks, scratches, dents, and silly stickers on my tank.

lol Still love it though :)
gahhhhh $$$

·
Registered
57 Posts
Love the lines and colour sceme. I have a hard time loving the asymmetrical Headlights/fairings. Looks like it got poked in one eye.
And for that reason I won't buy one....

.... that and I'll never afford one.

·
Registered
5,834 Posts
Underseat exhausts look ike crap, unless it's a Ducati, and maybe the 09+ R1. And they run regular pipes in WSBK. If it was such an advantage, you'd think they'd all have underseat.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just realized- why no under-tail exhaust I wonder...?
Undertail exhaust puts too much heat in the wrong places, it cooks the rider's arse and the rear shock fluid.

But then again it has heated grips so why not have a heated seat too? ;)

Personally I love the asymmetrical look.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
WOW!!! I wish I was rich so I could spend so much!

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle

·
MOTORADOR
10,967 Posts

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
Just realized- why no under-tail exhaust I wonder...?

Because underseat exhaust offers no performance improvement, and cooks your ass, nuts, and shock, along with increasing the COG of the bike by jacking up the seat a couple of inches to be able to fit the exhaust in between the seat and the tire.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Even Ducati has dropped the underseat exhaust for their new superbike, though a good portion still raps near your buns and will heat you up quick if you aren't moving fast enough.

A shout out to Buell I think!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Even Ducati has dropped the underseat exhaust for their new superbike, though a good portion still raps near your buns and will heat you up quick if you aren't moving fast enough.

A shout out to Buell I think!
Its a Ducati.. How are you NOT moving fast? srsly, if you could afford a ducati.. I'd think you could afford a speeding ticket or two.. maybe that's just me. Good thing i'll never afford one!

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Its a Ducati.. How are you NOT moving fast? srsly, if you could afford a ducati.. I'd think you could afford a speeding ticket or two.. maybe that's just me. Good thing i'll never afford one!
It's called traffic, stoplights, city riding. Trust me, there is no getting away from it no matter what you ride.

My 999S is downright miserable to ride below 35 mph.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts