Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
yea it's sad, they never stopped selling it in canada but I guess 'Merica isn't stable enough to sell it here

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
yea it's sad, they never stopped selling it in canada but I guess 'Merica isn't stable enough to sell it here
That's because the US market is looking for latest GSXR eleventy-billion...

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
So thats why Gsxr parts are so available and often times bent! :icon_biggrin:

·
Registered
223 Posts
If it's the same white as the upper I have on the 1K right now it's a pretty nice colour with the metal flake in it.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I didn't know that they never stopped selling the SV in Canada. Now I have hope for the future lol

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
So do Canadian bikes have the same smog equip as California bikes? Is it something we can import?
No smog gear. Only real difference I can think of is our speedos don't have the option of switching between metric and imperial.

Shouldn't be too much hassle to import one, it's common to import US bikes into Canada. But keep in mind our dealer MSRPs are ridiculous. Especially when the same bike (SV doesn't really count as an example) can be had a few hours away from a US dealer for 10-25% less.

I used to have a side job working for a friend. We would make trips down to Florida and pick up cars with high markup but low US-resale (mostly Corvettes, high-end MBs and the like) and import them into Canada for resale. Sounds shady but it was legit lol. Had some really fun times in fancy cars.

·
Registered
223 Posts
There's an auto dealer in the city that does a lot of that actually. My buddy is looking at bringing a Victory up from the US because they are about 6 grand less for the used ones we were looking at.

·
Registered
322 Posts
i dont know why they dropped the SV from the US lineup. I see my fair share of them on the roads. They had to have been selling.

now I see that they dropped the Gladius too? was that a flop for them? I dont see them on the US site anymore either.

I heard they got hit hard with the recession, tsunami. Also, that bad partnership with VW which really F'ed them over. Still, they really need to get back to making something cool like the first gen SV. I want the freshness.

·
Premium Member
1,471 Posts
Warning to California buyers wanting to import a non-California emissions bike - If the bike does NOT have at LEAST 7500 miles or more BEFORE the California-based buyer purchaser buys the bike, California will never allow it to be registered in CA, even if it is only ONE mile short of the required minimum and the purchaser rides the additional mile before trying to register the bike. Make sure the bike has MORE than the required minimum mileage (7500 miles, IIRC) before purchasing. To ensure a smooth registration of a non-CA model in CA, make sure the sales documents reflect the proper mileage and that the mileage is higher than the required minimum.

Lucky Canadians! I wish the SV was still available here and hope it will return. At least the 2013 Kawasaki Ninja 650 will be be available w/optional ABS at a decent price (+$500, or so).

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Have you checked the local (or not so local) Dealers for left-over SV's? I'll bet you can still buy a brand new one.....although it may be a couple-three years old. My 1K7 was new last March although it was built 09/06.:)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts