Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
8,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since we have SV riders landing at the Gap in the next 24-48 hours, time to get this party started.

Post your 2012 Rally pics & videos here!

Edit- I'll start with the precursory "Loaded & Fontana bound" photo. ;)

·
Registered
172 Posts
Nice! I was wondering when this thread would fire up. Just got the GF a new camera for Christmas - looks like it'll finally get some use. :p ;)

·
Registered
5,374 Posts
I know some of you are there so post up!

·
Premium Member
10,443 Posts
:happy1:

·
Registered
5,374 Posts
****. Maybe it is you that is the problem because we went through this last year with a trailer and you seem to be the common denominator :) Good luck getting back on the road and keep sending the pictures!

·
Registered
510 Posts
my pics don't really involve other people or other bikes. don't like it? come to the rally and take your own pics with a real camera instead of your cell phone like me

Saturday:
in arkansas

there was signs talking about distracted driving right before i took this

they only had 1 lane open on i40 due to construction in tn, took me 1 hour 20 minutes to travel 10 miles (seriously)

unloaded

Sunday:

did cherohala dragon loop

cherohala

towards the tellico plains end of cherohala, the bicycle guys said they were going to ride all of the cherohala and then hit the dragon. saw lots of bicycles on cherohala

mountain bike trails in fontana are totally overgrown with trees fallen down all over

should i be here?

Monday:

did blood mountain and the six gap thing

Tuesday:

did the blue ridge parkway, it's super cold up there and i was wearing all mesh. i had to turn on my heated grips

went to lube my chain and noticed this

luckily we had all the right tools (and i had a spare, got two spare fronts if anybody needs them)

problem solved, 6000 mile ra2 gone, 4500 mile pr2 in it's place

Wednesday:
went out on the lake/hike tour

chimney

both stones say infant children of the same people, 2 years apart

fontana dam

·
Premium Member
1,779 Posts
Great photos (that is, until Dave showed up)!

You da Man, Matt! ;D

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
damdamdamdam angry frustrated should be there now #@$%^&*(

Looks awesome!

·
Premium Member
2,041 Posts
Headed that way after I get some rest. Hopefully I can make it with my shoulder the way it is. Wish I didn't pass up cfreger's offer, but who knew I would grow another wild hair to make a second trip to the Smokey Mountains so soon......lol. Been checking lodging a little, since I am not bringing a tent with me, I'll be about 30 miles out if I can make it that far. I have my luggage strapped on and even picked up an Ogio Mach3 after I left from the workplace. :D

Sent from my right shoe phone.

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
Headed that way after I get some rest. Hopefully I can make it with my shoulder the way it is. Wish I didn't pass up cfreger's offer, but who knew I would grow another wild hair to make a second trip to the Smokey Mountains so soon......lol. Been checking lodging a little, since I am not bringing a tent with me, I'll be about 30 miles out if I can make it that far. I have my luggage strapped on and even picked up an Ogio Mach3 after I left from the workplace. :D

Sent from my right shoe phone.
There is supposedly a twin bed available in Kimmy's cabin if you can't find anything at the lodge. Plenty of floor space, but idk how your shoulder would do with that.

·
Premium Member
2,041 Posts
Found the cabin thread, going to post as well as shoot Kimmy a pm. Sure beats a 30 mile ride to and from. Thank you Datech. :thumbsup:

update: 10:58am - Received a phone call while PMing Kimmy this morning, my plans got nixed. Wife got called into work graveyard shift Friday, Sat and Sun evening and our babysitter is OOT for 10 days on vacation and I can't find another on such short notice. Sorry folks, would have loved to have been there this year.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts