Premium Member
3,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

DETAILS:
Lake Luisa State Park
Located ~10 miles south of Clermont, FL on US27
Dates:
November 2nd-4th 2012

Show up that friday to meet and greet the fine folks of SVR. Breakfast and a group ride on Saturday morning and in the evening a banquet of sorts prepared by me and wifey (15$ a head for both meals; either pay the day of or paypal me at [email protected]) Nothin fancy, just some good food and good company(an' frosty beverages if you like). Head home on Sunday.

We're trying to get people to go together on cabins to spread some cost out and have nice accomodations for everyone to sleep. Tent camping is also available. This will be PEAK SEASON for the park so the cabins will fill up quick here so if you want to reserve one for a group you will want to do it soon.

Total cost for 2 nights in a cabin is 266.40$ (44.40$ split 6 ways ~55$ 5 ways).
Tent Camping for 2 nights is 53.28$( up to 8 people can share a single site).

Anyone, SV havers or not, is welcome to join as well.

If you are interested in joining us, PM me, post up here, or both.

Hope to see you there!

·
Premium Member
3,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nothing like the Smokies to say the least but some of Florida's better roads are in the hills of Lake county and surrounding area.

·
Registered
45 Posts
hell yeah !!!! although i'll trailer up this time, so i can bring some coolers with food and drinks along with a smoker; and my bike ! of course!!! soooo sign me up and i'llsend you some money for the cabins ect. i'm doing much better with my neck so i'll be able to ride much more comfortable. keep in touch and give me more details as soon as they become available, god bless, till later NED/ DUCKSLAYER

·
Registered
8,290 Posts
Nice job, C-10.

Good to hear that duckslayer will be back this year. I want more of his cooking! (And bourbon!)

I hope FIRE will make shot glasses again.

I'll try to get Russell to join us again, so we won't get lost on those country roads.

Looking forward to another successful Rally.

R1Dave -- The riding is scenic and hilly, with a few winding narrow country roads, and a few challenging turns where the road jogs right or left to go around a farmer's field. Nothing like the mountains of West Virginny, but you're welcome to join us, nevertheless.

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
Anyone riding solo to this from the north is welcome to spend the night on an air mattress at my place. It's an 8 hour ride from my place to this Rally. I doubt many people will make a multi-day trip on the bike, but the offer stands for anyone that does.

·
Premium Member
2,389 Posts
As of now I'm coming, depends on my fire training, which I will hopefully start in september. If I'm cut out, then I'll go. So I guess I'm a maybe.

·
Premium Member
3,098 Posts
im gonna get the ball rolling on my decisions as well on this. probably gonna camp. with (hopefully) a new job, im probably not going to make it until latish friday night if i do make it.

·
Registered
8,290 Posts
I've reserved cabin C-17 (same one as last year?) for me and Debbi, plus 3 friends TBD.

To those considering tent camping: Think about getting a cabin, instead. The prices are reasonable, and the accommodations are really nice. "Cabin" doesn't begin to describe it. OTOH, the tent camping is not near the cabins, and is mixed with the RV camping, so you might end up trying to sleep next to a running generator. FWIW.

·
Premium Member
3,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No generators used there. All the RV sites have electrical hook ups as of the last time I stayed at the camp grounds. Lori and I camped there the week before the last rally and didn't hear a single generator all night and they were packed!

·
Registered
241 Posts
I should be going this year (with a different bike) and am trying to convince two friends to come with me. If my friends decide not to go, I'll be rooming with cfreger and company. I'll bring ear plugs this time...

·
Premium Member
3,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm getting ready to reserve our cabin for this year. If there is enough people willing to commit, I can reserve a second one like I did last year too. Anyone?

·
Premium Member
3,098 Posts
i still need to figure out wether the missus and/or little one are coming or not. until then i wont know. if it is just me i will have to decide wether or not i will tent camp or not. i think i might be leaning that way, though.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Count me an my friend Rodney in. I've got a bike with real brakes this time. cfreger - Craig save me a birth in your cabin. Yes to Duckslayer's cooking.

1 - 20 of 121 Posts