Votes: 97 13.4%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 180 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just like last year but now for 2009

Simple yes or no actually I'll add tipped over for you that are on the fence.

I'll start with a tip over. Getting off the bike, I thought I had the kick stand down and well it wasn't all the way down and I had to gently lay it over.

·
Registered
5,306 Posts
putting the bike on truck while on the sheet of ice
the bike slid and went down
no damage, well maybe a couple more scratches on the hand guard

·
Registered
202 Posts
Crashed????? I haven't even rode my bike yet this year. We had 3 days of 50 degree weather but I am still in a sling from having shoulder surgery. Only 4 weeks to go till the sling comes off.

·
Registered
421 Posts
scared to vote and jinx myelf

·
Registered
62 Posts
This past Sunday I woke up in an ambulance... apparently tried to pull off the road during a group ride, wiped out in a gravel driveway and landed on my head in a ditch... Not really sure, since I got a mild concussion and no one saw it. That scenario is our best guess based on the tire marks, the bike and the road. Might remember someday!

Was fuzzy headed for a couple days, but doing fine! Ride on...

·
Registered
69 Posts
no. and i dont want to even think it's gonna happen.

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
I made it to about the 3rd of January :rolleyes: Guy pulled out of a parking space into my path, I used just a wee bit too much brake given my cold tyres (I'd just pulled away 30 seconds before) and lost the front. Rider error really, should have factored in the cold tyres and wet salty road, I could easily have stopped in time if I'd got it right. Ah well.

·
Premium Member
10,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
got cut off the other night. lowsided to avoid the accident
I've always wondered about these. So we avoid a much worse accident and our bike flys into said car or whatever. Is that accident now our fault? How's that work?

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
Why are you creating this at the beginning of the year?

Shouldn't you ask this question in December?

·
Premium Member
10,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Why are you creating this at the beginning of the year?

Shouldn't you ask this question in December?
I hadn't thought that through until after the fact. Since people will still answering the 2008 one I figured I would start it for 09' and then said dang this is to early. My bad.

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
I hadn't thought that through until after the fact. Since people will still answering the 2008 one I figured I would start it for 09' and then said dang this is to early. My bad.
I'll wait until December to answer then...don't want to jinx myself. ;D

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
I've always wondered about these. So we avoid a much worse accident and our bike flys into said car or whatever. Is that accident now our fault? How's that work?
It doesn't, it's biker for "Someone pulled out and I fell off trying to avoid them". It's exactly what I did, I just admit it was my fault ;D There are practically no times when it's better to lowside, because you slow down faster on 2 wheels, and you can't avoid things when you're sliding on your ass.

1 - 20 of 180 Posts