Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up this bike in the middle of July from a dealership my brother works at. It was a demo bike there and had just under 1k miles on it at the time. I have noticed that whenever the engine is hot it has some issues starting once in awhile.

I have stopped a few times after riding and it takes a few seconds of holding the start button to start up. I wasn't sure what to think of this until after one day after work it was sitting in the sun and the temp gauge read about 105 F. I figure that means it is an issue with starting whenever the engine is a little hotter. Usually whenever I start it up the temp reads 75-85 with no problems.

The only thing I can think of would be to change the spark plugs but I don't really have a whole lot of mechanical experience under my belt yet. Any advice?

·
Registered
106 Posts
I wouldnt consider 105 to be hot. is the bike just continually cranking? (you can hear the starter rotating the engine) does the starter seem sluggish/ hard to turn?

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I guess that's a good description. It only does it for a few seconds though. Perhaps a battery issue?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts