Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
COMMENT THREAD http://www.svrider.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2634235#post2634235

I have been a member of this site since last year about this time when I bought my 1st SV650... a 1st gen N model that was made into a track bike. It is SOLD now. I had to make room in the garage, and the plan is to have this one ready for next track season.
Now on to the project.

The good:
2008 SV650s with a lot of decent mods with low miles.
Will list all the mods as I think of them here:
LSL clip ons
Zero Gravity Double bubble dark tint wind screen
Galfer Stainless steel lines up front
Greatdaytoride modded driver seat
2007 GSXR 750 front end
05 GSXR 600 Rear Shock?
BMW M3 projector lenses with 6000k HID's
Rizoma grips
Fender eliminator
Solo cowl
Good life on the tires
M4 Slip on Exhaust
Aftermarket pegs
Some heavy duty frame sliders

PLUS
A ton of extra stuff...
How about some pics. Some may know this bike as it was nominated for SV of the month IIRC.
Kingsarms hell of a guy and he gave me a hell of a deal :eek:ccasion14:

I believe I have most everything in the matching color for the Naked version with an Aztec 8 light

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Now the bad:
Dead battery
Old gas in tank
oil doesn't look too bad but needs to be changed
Rode the bike and when applying brake there is some SERIOUS movement in the head stem.

Speedo doesn't work after the fork swap

also someone went a little wild with notching the head for the ignition
lock :headscratch:

missing misc. bolts etc.
rear brake fluid pretty dark
Obviously been down a few times... both sides but looks like low speed very minor stuff.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
The plan:
Want to convert to Naked/Street Fighter and since PO already started gathering parts... I may as well finish it. Besides that is what this bike is dying to be.

I will be preparing all the stuff I don't need for sale to hopefully help me pay for the stuff I am still needing.

Things should get interesting in these next few weeks. Hoping to be able to have it road worthy before Xmas for sure.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Made some new progress...
Borrowed some jacks and tightened up the bottom nut on under the top triple to hopefully sort out the head slack. Sorry forgot to take pics... but you get the point... jack up the bike place jacks under the frame sliders... remove top triple, remove top nut and washer... punch and a small sledge and tighten.

I also got to kinda clean up the extra stuff and post it up for sale.
http://www.svrider.com/forum/showthread.php?t=165289

Plus when everyone else had turkey coma... I got busy removing stickers, rim tape, debadge.
Then I decided to check out and see if I had all the stuff for the headlight and mocked it up.

Not exactly happy with the positioning... but I think I have room to drill and place where I need it.

About to order
http://www.d2moto.com/p-13852-unive...-yamaha-black-motorcycle-bar-end-mirrors.aspx
https://www.motomummy.com/chain-kits-with-steel-front-and-rear-sprocket/12-oclocklabs-speedodrd/
and will get a single earth magnet since I have an odd number on my rotors.
Can anyone tell me on the comment thread if this is the hall sensor I need? It appears someone spliced what I am hoping is the one for the front I need.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well after Thanksgiving I was able to sell some things and purchase some things :)

Also mounted up my GPR Stabilizer and was able to take everything off (ran no gauges) for the final track day of the year in Tejas. Eagles Canyon Raceway annual Toy Run.

Lately it has been wiring and mounting some new stuff. pics to follow but here is one of the new integrated tail light and under tail.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Went to do the quick throttle mod (because who wants to re-adjust the hand at speed) and confirmed my worst fear. I thought I read it somewhere but I was hoping it wasn't true... PO SUPER GLUED GRIP ON TO THE CLIPON!!! If you need to break a super glue bond always remember Acetone is it's enemy!

Good news is... I didn't **** up the Rizoma grips and can sell them to a fellow SVRider that wants them for a discounted price.:vroom:

http://www.svrider.com/forum/showthread.php?t=174850&highlight=rizoma

Finished the quick turn throttle AWWWWW MUCH BETTER! Also put on my new CRG RC2 Levers Thanks Mike at Riders Discount!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Headlight cover for track days... thinking I need to get a thinner material but you get the idea. :rock: If anyone has an off-road 7" round cover they would like to donate or knows where to get one on the cheap please let me know.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
So I got the spring changed out for my weight... did it over at a friends house since he had the straps already from his ceiling in his garage and a spring compressor. Sorry no pics.
Also a long time ago I bought a GIpro w/ATRE for a member here "m0biusace" and I had the wiring all routed etc. I get to looking at it over at my friends house to hook it up... and **** ME m0biusace hosed me with the wrong plugs. He told me he pulled it off a SV which was complete BULL**** since all the SV plugs are square not triangle. PM'd him asking him WTF and no response. Feel free to respond in my comment thread. Would really like to know why you lied. ANYWAY... emailed the manufacturer to find out the wiring so I could splice... and they sent and email back saying they would send me the correct plugs for 9 Euros so no splicing required. Got them via airmail form Hungary about 8 days later!!! guess they still know about customer service in Hungary thank ******* God!

hooked up the CORRECT plugs and works like a charm.

Also, remember this?

Well it WAS the correct Sensor for the front end WHEW! got it hooked up... doesn't even need the Rare Earth Magnets. Set my speedo with GPS today. Stoked to know how fast I am actually going now.

All I have left to do pretty much is:
put on sprocket and rotor on the spare rear wheel I got. swap the tires for my extra set for the track and go play!!! Come on spring!!!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
At it again:

After a couple of sessions early in the spring I realized that it was WAY past time for some TLC for this machine. I can only assume the previous owner did not keep up with maintenance on the suspension. I quickly ran out of settings.

So I am not a big fan of riding track in the summer in Texas... I figure it is a good time to service the forks, clean and rebuild the brakes, new rubber, new bearings, and some powder coating for fun.
Sent out my suspension since I don't have the stuff to purge them correctly. Roger at On Road/Off Road in Austin took care of me.

Pirelli was running a promotion on their new Angel GT. Buy the rear get the front free. So I had to give em a shot for the street.

Parts ready for powder coating.

Got my ALL BALLS delivery. Steering stem and 2 sets of 07 GSXR front wheel bearings and 2 sets of 08 SV650 rear wheel bearings

Parts back from powder coating. Went ahead and since I had my brakes apart sent out the calipers.

BIG mistake!! Powder coating thick in the pots.

a couple of days of patience... some toothpicks and gasket remover... and they all look like the middle one on the right.

Starting to come together.

Just needs brake fluid, and tires mounted on the track set.

Think it will work? Next project perhaps.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.