Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About a week ago I was riding and had a brain fart, stalling at a stop light. Then it just wouldn't start. Turn the key and everything is normal; all the lights come on, the priming sound happens but when I press the ignition nothing happens. No sound, no turn over...nothing.

I pushed the bike home (2km on the hottest night of the year) and right before my house is a hill I was able to bump start it and ride the last 50 feet.

Over the next week and a bit it started and rode fine. I parked it last night after a ride and today when I went to start it, same thing, nothing happens. All the lights come on, the priming sound happens but when I press the ignition nothing happens. No sound, no turn over...nothing.

I've read it could be the clutch sensor, how do I check this? Where would I even look? I'm very mechanically inclined with cars/trucks, but new to motorcycle mechanics.

·
Super Moderator
7,056 Posts
Check the sidestand switch plunger to make sure it's moving freely and not packed with gunk. EDIT: I don't think a malfunctioning sidestand switch would do what you described.

You can hear the clutch switch activating, and can also make a jumper-wire to temporarily bypass the switches.

There are a few threads with details about the switches if you have questions.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Check the sidestand switch plunger to make sure it's moving freely and not packed with gunk.

You can hear the clutch switch activating, and can also make a jumper-wire to temporarily bypass the switches.

There are a few threads with details about the switches if you have questions.
I checked out some of the threads listed below which lead me to the connector on the underside of the clutch. It was off and must have only come partially loose last week.

It does have a little rust on the connector, so I'll give that a little sand and secure with tape.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts