Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
Sorry, I'd answer if I'd knew. I have an ABS bike, and in the end, I got the Pyramid carbon fiber hugger in a group buy and I'm very pleased with it. It's a universal fit and I've seen pics of them being mounted on non-ABS bikes as well.

tk

·
Registered
128 Posts
I think thats the wrong link..The company is power bronz but they are located in ann arbor michigan..They have black, carbon fiber and the colors...They sell on ebay also under superbike L.I.C..I have been looking for the link with no luck,,I paid 139 for a black plastic that i am very happy with,,Tom

·
Registered
253 Posts
late reply, but i thought you might want to see the newer version of the OEM hugger - NOT the same as shown on the website:

mounting came with 2 minor problems:
1. the shouldered bolt which attaches the hugger on the left swingarm doesn't quite tighten down enuf to keep the hugger secure. a fat washer behind solves this problem.
2. the opposite side is supposed to secure with the original bolt which holds the rear brakeline guide. once the hugger is in place under the guide, the bolt is too short to reach the threads. grab a slightly longer bolt...
there is no issue about ABS or non- ABS.
cheers,

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
I think thats the wrong link..The company is power bronz but they are located in ann arbor michigan..They have black, carbon fiber and the colors...They sell on ebay also under superbike L.I.C..I have been looking for the link with no luck,,I paid 139 for a black plastic that i am very happy with,,Tom
http://www.superbikestore.com/sv650_03+.htm

I think that's what you're looking for.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
late reply, but i thought you might want to see the newer version of the OEM hugger - NOT the same as shown on the website:

mounting came with 2 minor problems:
1. the shouldered bolt which attaches the hugger on the left swingarm doesn't quite tighten down enuf to keep the hugger secure. a fat washer behind solves this problem.
2. the opposite side is supposed to secure with the original bolt which holds the rear brakeline guide. once the hugger is in place under the guide, the bolt is too short to reach the threads. grab a slightly longer bolt...
there is no issue about ABS or non- ABS.
cheers,
I like that....did that come from a Canadian vendor or a State side one?

·
Registered
253 Posts
I like that....did that come from a Canadian vendor or a State side one?
Suzuki USA. i bought it from Skagit Powersports. i'll check the exact part number when i get home from work.

cheers,

·
Registered
253 Posts
i'll check the exact part number when i get home from work.
the PN is 990D0-17G90-YLF - "YLF" being the colour code for the 08 grey.
interestingly, this is the identical PN to the 'plain' hugger shown on the Suzuki website:
http://www.suzukicycles.com/Accesso...essoryId=b017459c-dd3b-40f4-a4d4-b4786e999fe0
i like the scalloped version way better. not sure which colours come which style...
btw, the Suzuki accessories webpage quotes $199.95 for the '05 but $244.95 for the '06-'07, same PN. i got mine for the lower price.
cheers,

·
Registered
26 Posts
I bought one of those (Same P/N -YKZ) from another dealer for my '08 Non ABS. It didn't come close to fitting.

Shoulder Bolts for the chain guard won't pull up tight and the right side won't clear the tire, rides very hard. Returned and got my money back.

·
Registered
795 Posts
I have the non-scalloped Suzuki hugger on my '07 Naked, and I had to do a bunch of fiddling with the mounting holes to get it to fit and align correctly.

More work than I thought it should have been for a factory part going on a new bike, but it turned out fine.

.. Gregg

·
Registered
599 Posts
I bought one of those (Same P/N -YKZ) from another dealer for my '08 Non ABS. It didn't come close to fitting.

Shoulder Bolts for the chain guard won't pull up tight and the right side won't clear the tire, rides very hard. Returned and got my money back.[/QUO

same exact problem. returning mine. apparently the dealer said they discontinued the non-abs version. how stupid:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.