Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed a rear shock into a 650SK7 without cutting anything? If so, may I please get the make (ZX-6R 2008, GSXR600 2004, etc), thanks.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
^^^ What he said. I put in an 07 ZX-10 shock and didn't have to cut anything. You just have to remove the plastic guard from the front of the battery box, it's 3 screws.

Here's a full write up on it.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sweet so the ZX-10R seems the most ideal for me, anyone know where I could snatch one used? Other than ebay.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
I wouldn't rule out ebay, they show up there a lot. That's where I got mine for $70 shipped.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I found an 08 ZX-10R shock for $55, think it'll fit without cutting? Thanks.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Find one of the Power Sellers on Fleabay and contact them directly. I know it's against the rules, but you will find that they will be more than happy to make deals with you offline and pay through Paypal... I got an 06 ZX636 shock with low miles for $60 shipped. Although you're looking for a different shock, you'll find a deal easy.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
I found an 08 ZX-10R shock for $55, think it'll fit without cutting? Thanks.
On the 08 they went back to putting the reservoir at 45 degrees angled up which means you'll have to cut the battery box. The 06-07 ZX-10 has a 90 degree reservoir which fits perfectly on our bikes.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Doh! Thanks for the information.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Does anyone else have other brands of shocks from Suzuki and/or Yamaha? Thanks. I'm having trouble finding any ZX-10R's.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
I'd be more concerned with getting the shock that fits you best, rather than fits the bike. Meaning if a ZX-10 is right for your weight, I'd keep checking ebay. It took me about a month of checking before I nabbed mine, but it was worth the wait.

·
Registered
90 Posts
What year ZX14 shock should be used? Or are they all the same?

From what I heard, the ZX14 is the same size as stock SV650 (2nd gen) - 330mm, eye to eye. Is this correct?

I have an 04 GSXR 1000 shock I was going to use, but it is 5mm shorter than stock shock, so I'm going to go with ZX14.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I used an '08 gsxr 600/750 shock. No trimming for the '03s but you have to trim a little for '04+. Dont have to get a new battery. Need 1/2 raising dogbones though. Works great.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Cool. Thanks for the info on ZX10 shock and dogbones.

I just put 06 gsxr600 forks on my bike and still need to replace the rear shock. You guys know if any cutting will be needed with the 04 gsxr 1k shock? I have an 03 SV.

If it needs cutting, I'll just get an 06/07 zx10r shock (I'm 190 lbs).

·
Registered
90 Posts
I'm also going with the zx14 shock. Its on its way.

Anyone have pics of the shock installed? Curious to see how a silver shock looks.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts