Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a very annoying vibration that comes from the fly screen and no matter what I seem to try nothing makes the sound go away except for a complete removal of the fly screen. I took it off and rode to work this morning and the vibration noise is gone. Has anyone else had this problem? If so how did you fix it?

thanks,
mrbill

·
Registered
380 Posts
Mine rattles too when it is cold, but quiets down when the engine heats up. At least I think this is what is happening. Tried to find out where it is comming from but never did.

What I really want to get is a Puig Vision flyscreen, but I can't find a distributor in the U.S.

·
Premium Member
3,472 Posts
I'm thinking of trying out this product to replace the fly screen and side plastic panels above the head light

http://www.laminarlip.com/lamininst.pdf
Looking at before/after shots, they have made new headlight and turn signal mounts, to shift these out of the way.
In the after shot, I'm not sure if the original instrument cluster is even there.
The cluster is the problem with any aftermarket windscreen. I've tried a several different screens,
and they all require something to be shifted-- turn signal, headlight, cluster.
It's fun to experiment though, and the Puig is quite pricey!

high light and gauges.jpg
This is my summer screen, a little Givi. It works perfectly, but required moving the headlight forward and up, tilting the instruments up, and tucking the signals in by the headlight.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

I've taken off everything around the light and my vibrations are pretty much gone, I do have something loose on the chrome ring around the headlight, but I may just need some rubber gasket material to quiet that noise. I like the Givi screens, I'm thinking I can leave everything off like I have it now and put on one of the windscreens that mount to the handlebars?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts