Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i thought i would post up on the build even though it not much of a build right now. about 2 months ago i bought a 2007 sv650 ABS model.

this is what it looked like

it had clubman bars and a slip on exhaust with a tank bra. That was the extent of what it came with.

The first thing i did was cut the enormous exhaust about 6 inches.. now looks like this

After putting a few hundred miles on the bike i realized how bad it needed new tires, so i purchased some new Michelin power pures. Man do tires make a difference.

soon after i realized i wanted to add another color into the blue and black and starting adding minor anodized gold accents. I started with just bar ends. cheap ebay ends that look pretty good.

also in this picture was when i added some rim tape to set off the bottom half of the bike a little bit.

the chain that was on the bike was rusting so i ordered this

While i was working on the bars i also realized i didn't like the look of the stock mirrors they were just too long and look awkward from the front. so my buddy and i basically took the stem out of the mirrors but used a long enough bolt for them to look like this. To add some more gold besides the bar ends i got the SV Racing parts Gold Rearsets

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
I also ordered a set of pazzo shorty black levers with gold adjusters. that i got off a member here for a good price.

Also i have painted the radiator guards black for now I'm looking for an anodized gold color to tie in the bar ends and rear sets.

So to tie it all in this is what i have done so far
-Michelin Power Pure Tires
-Pazzo Shorty- black with gold adjusters
-EK MVXZ 525 Gold chain
-Chopped Yoshimura Exhaust
-Blue reflective rim tape
-Anodized gold bar ends
-SV racing parts Gold rearsets
-Replaced SV650 stickers on tail with custom gold emblems
-Black Radiator Guards
-Removed tank bra
-R6 Throttle tube
-Removed clubman bars, Revert to stock

Ill add the most up to date photo tomorrow when i clean the bike.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All in all if you don't count the tires i don't have much money into this and i think it looks a lot better and still clean. i only have about 450 bucks in the bike (275 of that was the rear sets)

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
One I get the rear shock worked out (didn't read up on the ABS module being in the way until a few days ago) next on the list is front suspension. Looking at just changing out the internals with some sonic springs and new fluid etc..

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
forgot to add i have an OEM sv650 belly pan that I'm working on getting fitted and painted. right now its silver and needs some prep. hoping to have this on next week sometime

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well a buddy of mine and i got the brackets made for the belly pan but not mch more.. need to prep for paint

also if anyone has any suggestions on any rattle can paint that matches this suzuki blue please PM me.. i can always order paint but my buddy is a champ with a rattle can and some clear lol

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yet again a minor change.. i had Nucular from svrider anodize my radiator guards gold to match my rearsets, bar ends, and levers.

http://i457.photobucket.com/albums/qq295/mrcodewiz/SV Bits/0622f279.jpg

im still at stand still on my belly pan. the buddy ive been working on it with is in the process of moving so that will be on hold for a few more weeks unfortunately

while im doing the belly pan i also think im going to use some type of engine enamel and paint the engine casing black.. ( my terminology could be wrong here, my buddy is there expert here lol)

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well here is the belly pan finally. just got back from vacation and put some hours in to get this thing done

got a mock up and dry fit

wet sanded everything then hit it with some primer

after its painted

im pretty happy with it. i like the black and i am using some high temp paint for the case covers in a few weeks. I think it will look good with a black theme on the bottom of the bike

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well I dobt have any pictures yet but a couple changes.. I have a set of pro taper black bars im putting on. Also I decided the get the belly pan color matched and should have that back this weekend

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ok 2 updates.. I bought some pro taper bars and got them on but I need to work with the lines a little for some extra slack.. however I love the position the sit in.

Pardon the low light garage pics.. ill get some better ones this weekend its suppose to be 69 in cincinnati!!!

And the leo is gone I picked up a delkevic 200mm cannon as I like to call it

1 - 20 of 22 Posts