Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have just purchased some race tech 1.0 springs being a heavier rider and they’ve come with a spacer tube that I guess you cut down to the desired length (no instructions). I have two questions:

1- is there any rule or formula for what length I should cut them?

2- I’m using a 10 weight oil as opposed to the stock 5 weight do I follow the manual for volume or does that change with the different springs/oil?

many Thanks
Richard

·
Registered
5,364 Posts
Look at the "Note A" section of these instructions for spacer length. Step 10 for oil height measurement. 15w oil set to 120mm.

The space should end up about 20mm below the top of the fork tubes, with them fully extended.

Let me know if you have any questions.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Rich,

Further on the oil; I was recommended to go 30weight but am concerned that with the new stiffer springs as well it’ll will make it far to stiff for the street, in your experience/knowledge is that a fair concern or not. Also re the oil height is that always the same regardless of the oil weight (the spring and spacer being the variable). When it says oil to 130mm is that measured top of the fully extended tube to the top of the oil level?

Cheers
Richard

·
Registered
5,364 Posts
Thanks Rich,

Further on the oil; I was recommended to go 30weight but am concerned that with the new stiffer springs as well it’ll will make it far to stiff for the street, in your experience/knowledge is that a fair concern or not. Also re the oil height is that always the same regardless of the oil weight (the spring and spacer being the variable). When it says oil to 130mm is that measured top of the fully extended tube to the top of the oil level?

Cheers
Richard
30w is waaaay to thick, especially for a second gen. 15w is what you need.

Oil height is measured with the fork leg fully compressed. spring and spacer removed. Use 120mm for the SV.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts