Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

When I turn my Ignition switch on and turn my engine cutoff switch on I'll hear the normal fuel pump priming sound but then a couple moments later I'll suddenly hear a clicking noise. I also hear the same clicking noise when I shutoff my engine. Motorcycle starts up fine but do want to know what this clicking noise is.

The noise seems to come from the right side of the motorcycle close to the fuel injectors.

I think there is an issue during the startup sequence and my guess is it could be a switch or relay that is causing the issue. Is this something that tracks? Could faulty switches or relays possibly cause a clicking noise? Or is this something else related to the starting sequence?

Battery is fully charged and the bike was sitting for almost two months if that is pertinent info.

Registered
I couldn't tell you what it is, but I've had weird noises a few times after a long winter or the battery being disconnected for a while. Unless the clicking sound persists after you've run through one tank or two, I wouldn't worry about it.
The SV is just telling you to ride it more. 馃構

Premium Member
Probably your idle air control valve. Mine was doing that and I could feel it by putting my hands on it. Stopped doing it after a few weeks for some reason.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts