Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

2007 sv1000 backfiring through intake

3K views 14 replies 4 participants last post by  kicsibors 
#1 ·
my 2007 sv1000 is backfiring through the intake. there is a really really loud pop under my gas tank and i cannot ride it like that because it scares me. it only happens going into first gear under 2-3rpm lugging the motor. it was 7k miles, the last owner dropped it really hard and i was naive enough to buy it -_-. please help, thank you.

and also, where can i find a 2007 sv1000 repair manual? not the owners manual

#3 ·
Mine does it every once in a while, PAIR system as noted above. I don't mind it, it doesnt do it often (if ever), just if I try to show off and give it a little gas at a light or something, it has the intake fart.

#6 ·
Factrory service manual is available from any suzuki dealer and is printed once ordered, so it takes >1week to receive. I do still have an sv1000 factory service manual from back before my sv1k was stolen. I'll check if it's a year specific manual. Pm me if interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle

#8 ·
CRC makes countless types of sprayable chemicals. Don't assume it's obvious what you're referring to.

#10 ·
hmm...do you guys think it's a vacuum leak? it was dropped hard on the left side so im thinking it might have ruined something in the engine somehow. my friend said it might be that the timing is off, or the rings and seals are blown causing a fuel problem.

#13 ·
Interesting. I've also seen starter fluid used for this exact application before with good results.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.