Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 2007 sv1000 is backfiring through the intake. there is a really really loud pop under my gas tank and i cannot ride it like that because it scares me. it only happens going into first gear under 2-3rpm lugging the motor. it was 7k miles, the last owner dropped it really hard and i was naive enough to buy it -_-. please help, thank you.

and also, where can i find a 2007 sv1000 repair manual? not the owners manual

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Mine does it every once in a while, PAIR system as noted above. I don't mind it, it doesnt do it often (if ever), just if I try to show off and give it a little gas at a light or something, it has the intake fart.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it doesnt sound normal though. it's not backfiring through the exhaust. it's a really really loud POP under the gas tank. it's so loud that it scares me.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Factrory service manual is available from any suzuki dealer and is printed once ordered, so it takes >1week to receive. I do still have an sv1000 factory service manual from back before my sv1k was stolen. I'll check if it's a year specific manual. Pm me if interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle

·
Registered
249 Posts
Easiest way to find a vacuum leak is to spray CRC around throttle body and intake area (not into air filter) with bike sitting at idle.
An increase in RPM indicates CRC being sucked in. Narrow your spray area until you find the leak.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
CRC makes countless types of sprayable chemicals. Don't assume it's obvious what you're referring to.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hmm...do you guys think it's a vacuum leak? it was dropped hard on the left side so im thinking it might have ruined something in the engine somehow. my friend said it might be that the timing is off, or the rings and seals are blown causing a fuel problem.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
If your an Aussie its obvious. If you need to ask, put the tools away and pay a mechanic.
Understood, but if a noob wants to learn and apply that knowledge to using tools and chemicals properly, questions must be asked, or we who know must be specific about our techniques/tricks/tips/etc.

P.s. sorry for the tangent in your thread OP...

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
CRC thread penetrating fluid.
If it gets sucked in it only acts as an upper cylinder lube.
Interesting. I've also seen starter fluid used for this exact application before with good results.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Interesting. I've also seen starter fluid used for this exact application before with good results.

You can use that but most people dont have it handy, where as CRC is pretty common in any shed.
I dont like using dedicated starter fluids because they raise the compression ratio to up really highe levels.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
You can use that but most people dont have it handy, where as CRC is pretty common in any shed.
I dont like using dedicated starter fluids because they raise the compression ratio to up really highe levels.
In my limited experience, starter fluid is more common in sheds, but we live in very different places...

Oh, and I don't mean to be picky, but compression ratio is determined by how much fluids are compressed, not what kind of fluids are being compressed. I.e. the ratio of cylinder volume at bottom of stroke compared to cylinder volume at TDC (top dead center). The strength/heat/etc of combustion will vary with differing chemicals, but not significantly in this case. it's called starting fluid for a reason: it's formulated for simulating regular gasoline combustion to get things moving and is safe for modern internal combustion engines.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts