Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to me 07 SV650S. Bought the bike banged up... and have been putting it back togethor as a naked. Got to do a short run down ride this afternoon after installing the lights and plate. It seems to have a pretty substantial stumble/hiccup at small smooth throttle openings that is most pronounced in the lower rpm range. I also has well what feels like a lean surge on steady throttle cruise.

I pulled the air filter and it seems to be ok. Small amount of oil in airbox, but i've seen that plenty of times with downed bikes. Cleaned it up. Plugs seem ok as well. If this were a carbed biked I'd be looking at swapping jets.

Any suggestins as to where to start trouble shooting this? I can live with a slight lean surge... but the stumble cant be right.

·
Registered
7 Posts
yea if i roll it slowly it dosent bog but if i keep it idled at 4K rpms the rev deminishes to 2.5ish over a few seconds.. i checked the TPS according to the adjustment post and it seems the line goes from mid to top at around 3.4K rpms no matter how slowly i roll on it obv. i need to adjust this but i didnt know if it was whats causeing my issues or not.. ive also noticed black soot in the tail pipe. ill post another vid with that in it... ive been having issues for the past 2 weeks or so. ive pulled the fuel injectors the plugs the air filter nothing seems to make a difference.. any help would be great.

·
Registered
7 Posts
In this video you can see the diminished rpms i was talking about i throtled to 4K and held it there the loss of rpms inst from less throtle it just happens.

Something happened to this video it lags for some reason but you can see the soot thats collected in my can.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts