Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have replaced the whole assembly for the fuel and now the fuel pump comes on but still cant get it running tuen the key on have power at the injectors then power goes away have checked to see any power while turning over and dont have any what could it be

·
Super Moderator
8,366 Posts
... turn the key on have power at the injectors then power goes away
If the GSXR injector power is like the SV650 (I think it is) then the injectors receive 12v power (Yellow/Red wire) for the first 3 seconds after the key is turned then 12v turns off until the engine starts.

The injectors share the same power (Y/R) so when the fuel pump is running the injectors have power. When the fuel pump is off the injectors are off also.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Woulnt the injectors get power when i turn it over to shoot fuel to start i have fuel going to the fuel rail but nothin coming out

·
Super Moderator
8,366 Posts
... Woulnt the injectors get power when i turn it over to shoot fuel to start
That is a reasonable question, Kam. I believe the ECM commands the injectors to shoot a primer of fuel at the same time the fuel pump is priming, first 3 seconds after key ON. That charge is enough to start the engine. Once the engine starts, the fuel pump and injectors receive constant 12v power.

On the SV, 12v injector power and 12v fuel pump power both come from Y/R.

On your GSXR, what color is the injector power wire?

What color is your fuel pump power wire?

Are you sure the injectors are not clogged?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just did some more research i will go check but would the tip over sensor cause it not to shoot fuel the bike was laid over before i got it

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The power for the inectors and fuel pump are Y/R they run off the same power

·
Super Moderator
8,366 Posts
If the fuel pump primes then the tip-over-sensor (TOS) is okay. Also if the TOS were triggered you would see an FI error in the gauge.

The power for the inectors and fuel pump are Y/R they run off the same power
Good, same as the SV.

Are you sure the injectors are not clogged?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So i got a new tip over sensor bc that was the code it was running got a new one and still isnt working

·
Super Moderator
8,366 Posts
Is the TOS mounted or just hanging/lying there?

Make sure the TOS is in the correct position. It must be vertical and properly oriented fowrad/aft.

·
Super Moderator
8,366 Posts
Is the TOS mounted in the stock position or has there been a modification?

Sometimes folks cut the battery box when installing a different rear shock then need to move the TOS to a different position.

If the TOS is not mounted exactly as stock then it will trip an error code in the ECM.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It is mounted in stock position i got it running the person pulled the TOS out of the rubber mount and it was upside down so where is said upper was acually the bottom thanks for all the help

1 - 17 of 17 Posts