Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there. I'm looking for some advice and help. Recently I'm having problems with my fast idle. I have a 2007 svs with 12500kms on the clock. Bike has a Leo Vince SBK slip on pipe, TRE, and HID headlights( not sure if it matters or not). Ok so on with the problem.... As of recently the fast idle doesn't appear to be working properly. When I start the bike after sitting until dead cold it jumps to 1300rpm right away and stumbles pretty hard and sometimes stalls. Once the engine is warm it runs fine and the idle smooths out. I'm not sure what the problem is. I know for 2007 and on everything is controlled electronically. I did the tps adjustment to no avail. I changed the spark plugs out last night. While I was doing the plugs I put the bike into dealer mode and reset isc (idle speed control valve). After changing the plugs and resetting the ics I started up the bike and the fast idle seemed to work for about 10 seconds. Then this morning I went out and started the bike and no fast idle. It was about 8 degrees Celsius so it should have come on. I'm not sure what to check next or where to go from here. The bike is not throwing any codes. I'm really trying to avoid the dealer on this one. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've been searching the site for a week or two now but haven't found much info on the 2007 plus models.

Chris

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's pre 2007. There is no idle cam. It's all electronically controlled.

·
Registered
9,123 Posts
Okay, sorry, you learn something new everyday. If its all electronic like on my Triumph FI, then perhaps a sensor is not functioning properly such as the crankshaft position sensor or airbox temp sensor, etc. Do you have a service manual? I would expect the fast idle system to be explained with trouble shooting. Maybe the ISCV is not functioning as it should.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I have the service manuals. The 2007 supplementary manual isn't that good. It doesn't explain how the system functions. I guess I was just hoping someone else experienced this same problem and could point me in the right direction.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Checked for leaks and all seems to be ok. I guess I'll just have to start checking all the sensors one by one. The issue doesn't prevent me from riding but just knowing something is not working properly drives me nuts haha.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts