Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
+1 - '05 should work fine. you just won't be able to get color matched ones since the '06 is all new colors.

·
Super Moderator
8,820 Posts
Get a black undertail ... it matches with the frame of your bike.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I ended up just removing the license plate / reflector / turn signal bracket. Once it's unbolted, your left with about a 1/4" to 1/8" gap between the stock undertail and the tail light housing. I just made a sheetmetal bracket that covers the gap and holds the license plate.

I found some nice LED lights for turn signals. They are only about 1/8" thick, 3/4" wide, and 4" long and have a sticky backing. They are made to be put on a cars stock rearview mirrors to act as turn signals. They are clear and have 8 LEDs in them. I stuck them to the outside edge of the stock undertail and wired em up. Talk about sexy. I'll get some pics up here soon.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have the Hot Bodies undertail on my 05'. Looks great, and I am pretty sure they have the color match. I went through hell trying to get teh right color for my bike. First trhey sent me there version of the 05' blue (candy grand blue) which looked to me like the blue on the 06'. It was much lighter and more green, like the 06. After sending back three times because they kept sending me the wrong color, I ended up painting it myself. However, I believe the color code for candy grand blue they have is for the 06. Hope this helps, one downside to theis undertail is the visibility of the turn signals. The four LEDS that are formed in are very hard to see during the day. They are too orange of a color

·
Super Moderator
8,820 Posts
BlueBeauty2005 said:
I have the Hot Bodies undertail on my 05'. Looks great, and I am pretty sure they have the color match. I went through hell trying to get teh right color for my bike. First trhey sent me there version of the 05' blue (candy grand blue) which looked to me like the blue on the 06'. It was much lighter and more green, like the 06. After sending back three times because they kept sending me the wrong color, I ended up painting it myself. However, I believe the color code for candy grand blue they have is for the 06. Hope this helps, one downside to theis undertail is the visibility of the turn signals. The four LEDS that are formed in are very hard to see during the day. They are too orange of a color
My only complaint about the Hotbodies undertail ...

THEIR COLOR MATCHING SUCKS BIG TIME!

For the amount of money I paid and the profit margin on these parts, I would expect a better effort
than what I got. I will never buy another one nor would I recommend it due to the exorbitant costs,
marginal fit and poor color matching.

If they could have a satin black, it would at least get rid of the color matching issues and offer another choice.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Currently said:
My only complaint about the Hotbodies undertail ...

THEIR COLOR MATCHING SUCKS BIG TIME!
+1 one on that but its only reallllly bad is you come up close to it...

they still look very sharp though...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts