Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ANOTHER PRICE DROP!

Hi all,

I haven’t posted anything on this site since I crashed my track bike 5 years ago. My injuries were so bad that my motorcycling days, sadly, are over.
I am now selling my red 2006 SV650S street bike. I haven’t ridden it since 2016, except to the gas station and back.
It has only 2,187 miles on it, and I am the second owner. It had 1,739 miles on it when I bought it in 2011, in factory stock condition. Shortly after buying it, I added thousands of dollars (~$3,000+) of optional equipment including:
-Givi mounts, top case and side cases (the side cases are still new in the box)
The Givi side mounts have been discontinued for a long time, and I believe I bought the last set that was for sale in the US.(~$1,000 for all of it)
-Sato rearsets (~$500)
-Red Suzuki passenger seat cowl (still have the seat cushion)
-Scotts steering damper (~$300?)
-Front fender extender
-Frame sliders
-Swingarm spools
-Heli bars
-Red/black pro grips
-Battery tender hook up
-Yoshimura slip-on ($300?)
-K&N air filter
-Braided stainless steel brake lines F&R
-Penske rear shock with reservoir (~800?)
-Heavier fork springs and fluid in front (~$100?)
-Puig windscreen (black)
-Black gas tank guard
The bike is in as new condition. There is minor scuffing on right side of the front fairing that happened in 2011 when I bought the bike. The place I bought the bike from had put armor all on the tires to shine them up, making them unsafe. My first turn, at about 5 mph, was a failure, and I low sided.
Because I haven’t ridden the bike in 5 years, it probably needs a new battery and new tires, even though the Michelin Power Pure tires on the bike only have 400 miles on them. The bike has been inside my garage since I bought it.
Within the past month, I have had to remove all the rust from inside the gas tank, and replace the fuel pump with a working one (new ones are over $700 from Suzuki!).
2006 was the last year before the twin plug (per cylinder) engines which, in my opinion, are worse than the single plug engines.
If there is any dust showing on the bike in the picture, it’s because I haven’t cleaned it up yet.
I have close up pics of all the optional equipment if anyone wants to see them.
As stated in the title, I’m asking $3,600. The bike and I are in the northern suburbs of Chicago.

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive lighting

1 - 1 of 1 Posts