Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am a new member to the board and inquiring about the 2006sv650. I am going to buy a sv, just not sure if I want to wait for the new models to come out. I went to the dealership and the salesmen wasnt able to tell me much about the new bike. I searched on the subject and found little, just wondering if anyone had any details that would be helpfull. I am looking for aethetic differences and dissplacment. Thank you, Zarco

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
if you haven't already, get your license and gear first. be smart and pick colors you would prolly get on a bike. secondly, if it not that big of a rush, wait till winter before buying. i understand it is cheaper.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the reply, I already am scheduled to take my bike riding class and have the apropriate apearal for the ocasion. My question was, are there any differnces in the new line? Such as color/farings and disspacment?
If anyone could shine light on the subject it would greatly be appreciated. As far as price goes, that is no concern. I have a source for price on the bike already. I just dont want to get a 2005 if the 2006 model is going to come out in a differnent color i.e black, or if it faster/more aestheticly pleaseing.
Thank you, Zarco

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
The correct term is displacement ;). No, there will not be a bump in displacement. Anything over 650 cc is a stretch for the SV.

There will certainly be new colors, Suzuki will probably release them officially very soon. Bottom line, if there is a color you like right now, go for it, there will be no significant changes for '06.

·
Registered
231 Posts
So there is no truth to the rumor then about a suicide clutch and jockey shift for 2006. :eek: ;D

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
A1A said:
So there is no truth to the rumor then about a suicide clutch and jockey shift for 2006. :eek: ;D
Once again, those remain as dealer installed accessories. I did hear a rumor of hubless wheels for the '07 though...

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
im am putting a stretched front end on my bike so it will look new..

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
According to the Suzuki rep I've spoken with - there are no significant changes to the SV650 for 2006. Color will be the only difference - and there's no telling what those will be for roughly another month or so.

If you can find a 'leftover' 2005 for a killer price, I'd grab it.

Riding is preferable to waiting.

·
Registered
722 Posts
What Ruefus said, and then consider what you want. Are you looking to sell it and get some resale value out of it? If you are, the 2006 may be the way to go. Alternatively, if they make changes, what would they do that you couldn't do better? If they change the suspension (they won't), it wouldn't be good enough to justify the wait.

Tons of good riding season left (in fact, the good riding season here starts in September, barring hurricanes).

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you all for the replies, I appreciate all the info. I think I am going to kick back and wait to see what heppens. I would love a black bike, unless I get too impatient with the bike. Either way thanks for the help, and I think I will stick around this forum. Everyone seems well spoken and mature, thanks for the forum.
Zarco

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
bare in mind the 2006 won't really be out on the dealer floors till Dec/Jan at the eariest. So I'm not sure where you are located but down here in Florida Oct, Nov, Dec and Jan are great weather riding months!!!! And they do have the bike in yellow this year, what other color need be choosen.

:)

·
Super Moderator
8,820 Posts
Every where that I looked, blue was out of stock.
Nakeds were still available but rare.
Still have quite a lot of Yellow SVS around.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Nexus242 said:
And they do have the bike in yellow this year, what other color need be choosen.
I second that! And what others have posted about some good deals this time of year is true. I just picked up my yellow sv650 for $5999 otd. Plenty of good riding months left in the year still.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts