Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having an odd issue with my Sv650 that I recently bought,

It was working fine at first although it would randomly stall whenever the bike was warm, I fixed the issue by adjusting the fast idle screw, now whenever I ride if I twist the throttle too fast the rpms will shoot up to red line but almost no power will go to the wheel, almost as if I had the clutch pulled in.

Does anyone know what could be the cause of this? I've checked almost everything and I cant figure it out.

I should mention the bike has an aftermarket yoshi and a power commander, I uploaded the stock fuel mapping back to the bike and the issue still persists.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Your clutch is slipping,make sure you adjust your clutch perfectly,i had the same issue,adjusting the clutch did it for me, theres an yt vid on how to do it
Follow it step by step

·
Registered
58 Posts
Your clutch is slipping,make sure you adjust your clutch perfectly,i had the same issue,adjusting the clutch did it for me, theres an yt vid on how to do it
Follow it step by step
Yes sounds like the clutch is slipping. Probably too tight. If you keep slipping it it will ruin the clutches

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm having an odd issue with my Sv650 that I recently bought,

It was working fine at first although it would randomly stall whenever the bike was warm, I fixed the issue by adjusting the fast idle screw, now whenever I ride if I twist the throttle too fast the rpms will shoot up to red line but almost no power will go to the wheel, almost as if I had the clutch pulled in.

Does anyone know what could be the cause of this? I've checked almost everything and I cant figure it out.

I should mention the bike has an aftermarket yoshi and a power commander, I uploaded the stock fuel mapping back to the bike and the issue still persists.
I’m having this exact same problem myself. It doesn’t accelerate whatsoever after third gear and will redline when I pull the throttle back.

·
Registered
2008 SV650S
122 Posts
Did you do an oil change since you bought it? If not, do so, making sure to use a proper oil for motorcycle wet clutches.
This is probably the most common cause of motorcycle wet clutch slipping. Before you mess with the clutch cable,
Are sure you answer this question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts